2014 Live Oscar Chat

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

2014 Live Oscar Chat

Postby James » February 3rd, 2014, 12:06 am

Join members of the Animated Views team and your fellow forum members for a live chat during the Oscar telecast! Not only will we talk shop, we'll also keep a running live update of who is leading in our Oscar prediction contest throughout the night!

We'll officially kick off the chat at 7:30pm ET on Sunday, March 2nd. Registered forum members can click the "Chat Room" link at the top of any forum page to enter the chat room. (It's not working at the moment, but we'll get that fixed!)

CHAT ROOM NOTES:
- Let's keep the chat room rated PG please. Violators may be kicked out!
- The Flash plugin is needed to access the room.

Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Re: 2014 Live Oscar Chat

Postby James » March 1st, 2014, 10:32 am

I was hoping our old chat software would last one more year and I could change to something more mobile freindly next year. But the old software died and I couldn't get it working again.

I've hastily found a replacement. It will have to be tested by fire during our annual live chat. Hopefully it will hold up! The good news is it isn't flash based so technically should also work on your tablets (and phones if it isn't too small).

If it doesn't meet our needs I can work on it during the next year, so let me know of any issues.

Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Postby James » March 1st, 2014, 9:23 pm

oops - forgot to activate it for everyone! Hopefully you can see the chat room links now at the top of every page if you're logged in.

Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Postby James » March 2nd, 2014, 6:15 pm

I may be late. Volleyball game was supposed to start at 6pm but they've delayed it possibly up to an hour.

EDIT: after 7 and last games still hasn't started. Should definitely be there by actual Oscar start time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Postby Bill1978 » March 2nd, 2014, 8:51 pm

I hope everybody has a great time in the chat room while the OScars are on. I felt since I have started a new job this year, it was a bit too early in the year to take a sickie to watch the Oscars live this year. I am very jealous, especially since the nomated songs this year are strong and would be great to see live. However I will have to contend myself with watching the ceremony on my recorded device after work. Have a great time, and I no doubt will not win the competition again this year.