Animated Views April Fools Archive

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 1st, 2005, 1:15 pm

Oops... maybe I started something off... ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 1st, 2005, 2:20 pm

...and given a futuristic makeover! :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 1st, 2005, 6:58 pm

Hee, hee. "Snow White 2": The one sequel that I really doubt they'll ever make.

I think...

I wrote my own little joke at another forum I go to, but it's probably not as well-written:

http://boards.disneysites.com/showthread.php?t=24579
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 1st, 2005, 8:16 pm

Tom Hanks and Tim Allen have already signed up. James Earl Jones will voice Darth Vader, and Raven will voice "All of the other characters, to save money", says Raymond.
That's a good one. :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 2nd, 2005, 5:39 pm

Thanks. I was actually worried that I was going a little too far there.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

AOL Acquires Animated News

Post by James » April 1st, 2006, 12:00 am

The press release pretty much has all the details we're allowed to discuss at the moment:
Hollywood, California - Online consumers seeking the best animation news will now find it on the leading free portal on the web - AOL.com. Animated News, Inc. has been acquired by America Online, Inc., solidifying AOL's leadership position as the premier destination for online entertainment news.

AOL's acquisition agreement with Animated News was signed and closed today. Financial terms were not disclosed. The website was previously privately held and financed. Animated News was co-founded by animation journalists Joshua "Mickey" Armstrong, Ben Simon, James R Whitson, and Christian Ziebarth in October 2003.

Once Animated News is fully integrated within AOL's existing, industry-leading news and search products in the coming months, AOL.com will deliver a single, comprehensive and robust 'one-stop-shop' search experience that provides consumers with the access, functionality, premium assets, original content, and advanced search tools for unparalleled online discovery of animation news.

Animated News' Ziebarth said, "America Online and Animated News have joined forces to bring you an ever greater array of products and services all fueled by the latest technology to make your life simpler and more enjoyable so that you can have more time to spend with your family and friends."

AOL will keep the current staff of Animated News around for at least three months before finalizing a new team to run the website.

- About Animated News, Inc.
Animated News, with bureaus stretching from California to London, is one of the internet's premier sources for daily animation news. The Animated News team is comprised of a group of devoted animation journalists delivering highly relevant and up-to-the-minute news and information to thousands of readers a day.

- About America Online, Inc.
America Online, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate a leading network of Web brands and the largest Internet access subscription service in the United States. Brands include the AOL(r) service, the AOL.com(r) website, and the AIM(r), MapQuest(r), Moviefone(r), Netscape(r), CompuServe(r) and ICQ(r) services. America Online offers a range of digital services including the TotalTalk(r) voice service. The company also has operations in Canada and Europe. America Online, Inc. is based in Dulles, Virginia, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Time Warner Inc. (NYSE: TWX).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 1st, 2006, 12:28 am

Please note that during this transition period, you may come across some stylistic and technical issues as our archive is moved to the AOL servers and re-branded.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » April 1st, 2006, 12:31 am

I love the new format now that AOL has aquired your site. :D
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Eagle » April 1st, 2006, 12:37 am

Are you still going to work with Animated-News James?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 1st, 2006, 12:40 am

For the time being, we cannot say more than what was related in the press release. Rest assured we'll let you loyal forum members hear our side of this big story as soon as the lawyers clear us to talk.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » April 1st, 2006, 1:03 am

James wrote:For the time being, we cannot say more than what was related in the press release. Rest assured we'll let you loyal forum members hear our side of this big story as soon as the lawyers clear us to talk.
I wonder what you guys are going to say. :wink:
-Michael

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Eagle » April 1st, 2006, 1:13 am

James, when will the lawyers clear you talk? Soon or a few months?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 1st, 2006, 1:23 am

Soon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Eagle » April 1st, 2006, 1:25 am

I know you can't say anything but I want to say best of luck and I hope you will stay on board with Animated-News.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » April 1st, 2006, 1:53 am

I'm not part of A-N, but I would probably expect an announcement from them later today (you know, AOL's Lawyers don't usually take to long to give the all clear). Image
-Michael