Readers' Choice Poll Archive

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: AV Readers' Choice Poll of 2016 Animated Films

Post by James » December 23rd, 2016, 8:50 am

No. Usually we do this earlier then release the results with our review of the year article. But with Sing coming out just two days ago I thought we should wait to give it a fair chance. The 2016 review article is almost done so the results of the poll won't be in it initially. With only a week left in the year it might be good to let this this go a week into 2017 for people that may be away for the holidays.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » December 23rd, 2016, 6:31 pm

Excellent news, cause Moana and Sing opens for me in 2 days time. I am hoping to catch them as soon as possible to make a more informed choice.

Although I did learn from this poll about an animated documentary I had no idea about. 25April. Considering how much the Australian media likes to harp on about that day being so special and important to our identity its weird I have not heard about it. I guess cause it's New Zealand, the media decided it wasn't worthy of acknowledging.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 13th, 2017, 1:22 pm

The poll is closed! Thanks to all who voted. The results are posted in our 2016 review article. What do you think of the picks?
http://animatedviews.com/2016/2016-anim ... -the-year/

AV Founder
AV Founder

AV Readers' Choice Poll of 2017 Animated Films

Post by James » December 22nd, 2017, 10:27 am

Critics, the Academy, Hollywood guilds, and even the Animated Views staff are rendering their judgment on the top films of the year. But now it's your turn! What was the best animated film of 2017? Cast your vote here:

http://animatedviews.com/avi/10/

We'll tally up all the numbers and reveal your choice soon.

Until then feel free to discuss your vote here!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: AV Readers' Choice Poll of 2017 Animated Films

Post by Ben » December 22nd, 2017, 11:08 am

Wow...so not a banner year. :(

A couple to admire, and one or two clear commercial pleasers, but nothing that has proven zeitgeisty or will probably go down as a classic in years to come.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 23rd, 2017, 4:39 pm

You've failed us all, James.

You didn't include Rock Dog on the poll.

Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family! Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow...

;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 23rd, 2017, 9:07 pm

Dang it. I even watched that one in theatres!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 24th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Proving how memorable it was!

I do notice Rock Dog is now in the poll.Discounting Dacey's vote aside ( ;) ) I wonder if it will get any genuine (as in, no joke) votes anyway! Maybe from the director or home video distributor!?

It’s actually my bet for the outsider spot at the Oscars! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

2018 Readers' Choice Poll

Post by James » January 9th, 2019, 1:03 am

Critics, the Academy, Hollywood guilds, and even the Animated Views staff are rendering their judgment on the top movies of the year. But now it's your turn! What was the best animated film of 2018? Cast your vote here:

http://animatedviews.com/avi/2018-readers-choice/

AV Founder
AV Founder

2020 Readers' Choice Poll

Post by James » January 18th, 2021, 11:17 pm

Critics, the Academy, Hollywood guilds, and even the Animated Views staff are rendering their judgment on the top movies of the year. But now it's your turn! What was the best animated film of 2020? Cast your vote here:

http://animatedviews.com/avi/2020-readers-choice/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: 2020 Readers' Choice Poll

Post by Randall » January 20th, 2021, 12:06 am

I wish I had already seen Wolfwalkers and Croods, but I had to make a guess here that I would find Wolfwalkers the best of the year based on the buzz. I loved Soul, but I can't totally look past its story problems, so I kept it at number 2. With 3, I went with Lupin III: The First, a very fun film with accomplished animation.

Of the others, I have only seen Onward and Farmageddon so far. Onward was a bit "meh" for me, and I didn't think the ending was really handled well when held up to the light. Farmageddon felt too derivative, even if it was obviously filled with lots of intentional sci-fi references; it was just a big step down from the first Shaun the Sheep movie, to me.

And, while I haven't' yet viewed Scoob! or Trolls World Tour yet, I can't imagine either cracking the top 3, even if they're fun to watch.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 20th, 2021, 6:49 am

So you watched Lupin!? So glad you liked it!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 20th, 2021, 9:08 am

Yep, really enjoyed Lupin with the whole fam. Plenty o' fun, and well crafted. They really found a "look" that worked well for the characters and their world, and then they proceeded to nail it with fine cartoony animation. The solid story suited a theatrical feature, with a globetrotting adventure involving Lupin's grandfather and Nazis, plus fantasy elements not normally found in a Lupin III story. Great stuff.

Oh, I guess I also saw The Willoughbys last year. I liked it, but didn't love it as much as other films. Just okay.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » January 20th, 2021, 10:02 am

For me, it's:
1. Soul
2. Wolfwalkers
3. Onward

AV Founder
AV Founder

2021 Readers' Choice Poll

Post by James » February 11th, 2022, 11:27 am

Critics, the Academy, Hollywood guilds, and even the Animated Views staff are rendering their judgment on the top movies of the year. But now it's your turn! What was the best animated film of 2021? Cast your vote here:

http://animatedviews.com/avi/2021-readers-choice/