X-Men Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

X-Men Movies Thread

Post by GeorgeC » December 5th, 2005, 12:59 am

The first still picture of Kelsey "Frasier" Grammer as Hank McCoy aka "The Beast" from X3 is up at http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm

There are also two stills of The Angel from X3 on the site as well.

Meh.

I think I'll pass.

I'm sticking to the Claremont/Byrne run (Uncanny X-Men # 107-143). Best run on X-Men comics by far, and the source for all the good ideas used (over and over again) in the comics and movies so far!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 5th, 2005, 2:20 am

I'm really impressed with Ben Foster's transformation. As for the Beast, well, the pic's a little goofy, in my opinion. However, I'm still looking very forward to X3.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 5th, 2005, 9:54 am

I wasn't going to look, but Mickey's appraisal of it being "goofy" made me curious...

I quite like it, and have to say that even though I wasn't a great fan of these films so far (the CG is ropey at the best of times), I think Ratner is doing okay. Certainly from what I've been hearing from the set (a friend of mine is doubling Hugh Jackman), the film remains very closely tied to X2 at least.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 5th, 2005, 12:10 pm

Keep in mind that I wasn't saying Beast looks goofy. It's just the pose he's in. Nonetheless, I think Beast's makeup looks great.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 5th, 2005, 8:54 pm

I wasn't interested in this at first 'cause I think Singer's a great director and I'm mad he's gone. But this looks awesome! :o
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 6th, 2005, 3:06 pm

Gah - I still haven't seen all of the first one! Grr. But this is still very exciting.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 6th, 2005, 3:49 pm

I'm interested in seeing it very much.

Also Kelsey Grammer! <333

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 6th, 2005, 5:18 pm

Wasn't there a scene in X2 where we see a pre-Beast-transformed "Dr. Hank McCoy" on TV talking about violence against Mutants? How come he's not playing Beast?

Don't get me wrong though, I think KG's awesome. :P

Also I could be wrong, but I think at one time Robin Williams was seriously considered to play Beast, back when they were making part 1...?
:?:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2005, 6:24 am

Well, the new trailer is out and I must say that Ratner looks to have preserved the feeling of the first two.

And KG as Beast looks really mean and cool!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 7th, 2005, 12:06 pm

Yeah, Beast looks great in the trailer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 7th, 2005, 9:49 pm

I'm sticking to the Claremont/Byrne run (Uncanny X-Men # 107-143). Best run on X-Men comics by far, and the source for all the good ideas used (over and over again) in the comics and movies so far!
I LOVED The Age of Apocolypse back in the mid 90's, especially the art. Unfortunately afterwards they just went back to being lame and never knowing what the heck was going on in each issue. I eventually gave up...
:( (Plus you would not believe how unbelievably preachy and heavy-handed some of those stories could be. They make the Singer films look like the epitome of subtelty.)

I also like the cartoon series a lot, the ORIGINAL one not Evolution. (didn't even bother with that.) That was such a good show. I collected the comics based on it too. My fave character was the shape-shifter Morph. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » December 8th, 2005, 12:50 am

Looks exciting and Kelsey Grammer... hell yes!!!
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y64/Zoltack/Bambi/?start=0]Bambi Pics and Avatars[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 9th, 2005, 10:29 pm

I can't get the trailer. Stupid, stupid apple...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 10th, 2005, 6:25 pm

I think you have to "upgrade" to Quicktime 7.0 now.

It's a real pain.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

X-Men Movies Thread

Post by ShyViolet » March 20th, 2010, 3:23 am

According to the LA Times it will most likely be directed by Bryan Singer again:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/

Basically it's another reboot with younger actors. It does sound like they're basically returning to that whole Xavier/Magneto friends/enemies thing again, even though it's already been done three times before. Also, not sure if this is true but according to another site they might be teenagers when they meet which totally veers away from the comic book. (They met in a hospital where Xavier was a psychiatrist.)

EDIT: For some reason the address was mixed up or changed.

Here's a better one: :)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocom ... again.html
Last edited by ShyViolet on March 21st, 2010, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.