Pixar Short Films Collection DVD Announced!

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » February 15th, 2007, 5:38 pm

:) My only complaint is that they discontinue that nice tradition of publishing new shorts on-line or at least some teasers... There is no One Man band nor Lifted footage on their site...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 19th, 2007, 1:04 pm

I've seen Lifted and have to say that the <I>look</I> of it is not as textured as normal for a Pixar short. In fact, I'd say it was the least-looking "Pixar" short I've seen.

But it's very funny.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » February 19th, 2007, 1:47 pm

Ben wrote:In fact, I'd say it was the least-looking "Pixar" short I've seen.
Oh... really ? hard to belive ;) And what about andree and wally b and other early shorts ? ;)
Obviously I haven't seen it yet (and I really envy you :) ) , but from that short clip that was published on AWN I can tell that lighting, shader work and animation look much more sophisticated than in many todays CG features. Models and locations look quite simple (certainly it is a result of chosen style and not technical shortcoming) but surfaces react to light in beautiful soft and organic way in that clip... Still can't wait to see it :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kurtis » June 19th, 2007, 10:08 am

Yeah, it doesn't look like Pixar but I think that's because of the bland walls of the spaceship and the simplistic character designs. It doen't have that lush organic feel that their movies usually have.

I love how the cinematography changes when it becomes a serious sci-fi alien abduction, then it changes bank when the focus is on the comedy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Lifted on iTunes Store

Post by Kaszubas » July 3rd, 2007, 3:04 pm

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but I've noticed Lifted on iTS :) So those of you who has iTS acounts are able to buy it now :) (preview available)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pixar Short Films Collection DVD Announced!

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » July 9th, 2007, 9:52 am

Today Disneybluray.fr announces the Pixar Short Films Collection DVD! It will be coming to DVD Bluray for France. However there is still no announcement for the American Pixar Short Films Collection DVD yet. I’ll keep you up to date about the DVD.
I’m hoping that the DVD will come out a little before Christmas time.
[Source]
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 9th, 2007, 10:27 am

As long as we get everything top to tail instead of being inserted in an otherwisely structured program, I'll be a happy bunny.

The Adventures Of André And Wally B (1984)
Luxo Jr (1986)
Red's Dream (1987)
Tin Toy (1988)
Knick Knack (1989)
Geri's Game (1997)
For the Birds (2000)
Mike's New Car (2002)
Boundin' (2003)
Jack-Jack Attack (2005)
One Man Band (2005)
Mater and the Ghostlight (2006)
Lifted (2006)

That's the line up that should appear. I'd be more than happy to lose the feature film spin offs Mike's New Car, Jack-Jack Attack, and Mater and the Ghostlight, which don't really stand up on their own as short films.

If those were dropped, I'd love to finally see the two other Luxo Jr shorts made for Sesame Street: Surprise, and Light And Heavy (both 1991), and if the three film-spin offs <I>are</I> there I would be disappointed if these two Luxo were missing.

Would be fantastic to have the 20 Years Of Pixar special in there, and maybe build the release around that documentary. The Artscape installation at the Museum Of Modern Art in NY would also be fascinating to see, if it could be translated to the DVD format. It was a walk-through pre-production art from all the Pixar features from Toy Story to Cars, and would be a nice way of including the features in the mix.

Then again, we'll probably get a bare bones shorts disc only, instead of the celebration of Pixar's 20 years this could so easily be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » July 10th, 2007, 2:20 am

I remember reading a while back (this is when it was meant to be released a few years ago) that the DVD would include a few of the Pixar shorts that have never been seen outside of Pixar before. That would be cool.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2007, 10:15 am

Very cool...after all, what we see are the completed for exhibition ones. There are many more created for in-house training, development and amusement.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 10th, 2007, 10:36 am

Ooh, I'd love to see those!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pixar Short Films Memorabilia

Post by Jackalope » July 12th, 2007, 2:03 pm

Here's a rare chance to view or purchase some of the memorabilia that Pixar had produced for its employees and visitors:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmhowisonQQhtZ-1

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 12th, 2007, 2:13 pm

Hmm, a new member using the same ebay link as before.....spambot.

I'm surprised know one has bought the bird, though!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jackalope » July 12th, 2007, 2:47 pm

No, just a friend of the seller. My original post got deleted for some reason. I thought people might be interested in at least viewing this before the auction closes permanently, since some of the items don't appear anywhere else, not even on Google.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 12th, 2007, 3:25 pm

Ah, that makes sence. We've had are fair share of spambots recently, so I assumed you were one. My mistake. :)

If you really wanted us to just view it though, you should've posted that here, under your old account. Its frowned upon to lure people to other sites, like ebay, even moreso making duplicate accounts.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 11th, 2007, 4:08 am

Here's the list of cartoons + cover art at the link.
Ultimate Disney wrote:The Adventures of Andre & Wally B. , Luxo Jr., Red's Dream, Tin Toy, Knick Knack, Geri's Game, For the Birds, Mike's New Car, Boundin', Jack-Jack Attack, One Man Band, Mater and the Ghostlight, and Lifted . All but three have previously been made available on DVD, but new planned bonus features will include "The Pixar Shorts: A Short History", "never-before-seen footage", audio commentaries, and "much more."
Sweet! :)