Reality Shows

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Reality Shows

Post by Daniel » February 9th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Just curious, anybody watch them? And if you do, which ones?

I do, and while I'm not as addicted as I once was, I still watch a fair amount of 'reality tv'.

The only ones I'm watching right now are,
Survivor: Figi, Grease: Your The One That I Want and The Apprentice: Los Angeles. :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 10th, 2007, 1:04 am

The Office.
Yes, I'm joking - although I do love that show. Besides, The Office would be more of a documentary - or, in this case, mockumentary - series than "reality TV."

As far as actual "reality shows" go, I enjoy American Idol and The Apprentice. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 10th, 2007, 2:54 am

Funny joke, Josh! ;)

Yeah, I've only seen one episode of The Office and thought it was ok. It just wasn't my cup of tea, don't hate me! :lol:

Oops, I forgot to mention, American Idol. I watch it from time to time. Love Simon! (His rudeness)

Can't go wrong with the Donald either, your fired!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 10th, 2007, 11:01 am

I've only seen one episode of The Office too...I loved it though. I should start watching it more!

Anyway I tend to dislike reality TV shows, though I do get a kick out of "Who Wants to be a Superhero?"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 11th, 2007, 3:04 am

Oh, I rememeber that one! The one with Stan Lee. Yeah, I only watched a few episodes, and thought it was very 'unique'. :P

I remember one episode, where the hidden task was to help a crying girl. And almost everybody passed her, just to get to the finishing line fast. Now that was entertaining! :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 11th, 2007, 8:47 am

One of my comic class teachers considered auditioning for the show, actually. :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 11th, 2007, 4:21 pm

Daniel wrote:Yeah, I've only seen one episode of The Office and thought it was ok. It just wasn't my cup of tea, don't hate me! :lol:
Meg wrote:I've only seen one episode of The Office too...I loved it though. I should start watching it more!
Daniel, we need to talk... :evil: (j/k! :D)

Seriously, if you, Meg or anyone else here ever want to give The Office another shot, I recommend the episode "The Injury."

-------

Back to reality shows, here's one I think many of us movie fans will enjoy: On the Lot, from producers Mark Burnett and Steven Spielberg.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 11th, 2007, 7:28 pm

Meg wrote:One of my comic class teachers considered auditioning for the show, actually. :P
Really? How cool. If only, huh?
Josh wrote:Daniel, we need to talk... :evil: (j/k! :D)
Hmm, I wonder why I was singled out? ;)

I'll probably give it another chance, one of these days.

Heh, this is the fist I've heard of The Lot. Seems interesting, and those commercials do grab my attention. Ok, I'm exited! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » March 11th, 2007, 10:57 pm

American Idol, It's my favorite show.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » March 12th, 2007, 8:47 am

I try to avoid watching Reality Shows. The only ones that i will watch on a regular basis is American Idol and The Amazing Race.

And you should defiantly start watching The Office, it the best comedy currently on television.

Dwight Schrute: The purse girl hits everything on my checklist: creamy skin, straight teeth, curly hair, amazing breasts. Not for me... for my children. The Schrutes produce very thirsty babies.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 12th, 2007, 9:32 am

Working in TV on and off for the past five/ten years, the one thing I found is that there is no such thing as "reality television".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 5th, 2007, 3:32 am

Did anyone ever catch On The Lot? I never did, so I'm hoping I didn't miss much.

The only reality show I'm watching now is Hell's Kitchen! Great show! Though, that's gonna change Thursday when Big Brother returns! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 5th, 2007, 5:53 am

On The Lot was apparently ultimately missable.

Big Brother - the UK version - is running here now. In fact it's shot at our studio here.

UGH! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 6th, 2007, 1:47 am

Aww, it can't be that bad, can it?

And yeah, I remember seeing some of the UK version online. It was... very different. Which is to be expected, but you know, still weired.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » July 6th, 2007, 6:49 pm

Ben wrote:Working in TV on and off for the past five/ten years, the one thing I found is that there is no such thing as "reality television".
Hehe... That's kinda the impression I've always had. There's probably only so much "realness" that can be captured, before it gets so dull that some of it has to be staged :P

Eh, I've never been much of a fan of reality TV. Then again, I hardly ever watch television as it is.........