Sesame Street

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Sesame Street

Post by ShyViolet » December 4th, 2007, 12:58 am

Sesame Street Timeline! :) (From the very last episode of Sesame, aired in 2004.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqMOEcCA ... re=related[/youtube]
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 4th, 2007, 8:53 am

Ahhhh!

I didn't actually realise that Sesame Street wasn't showing in the US anymore. I feel like digging out my "Sesame Stree Fever" album now!

Like Walt Disney, I admire how Jim Henson, the head of the company, still was fully involved in the quality aspect and performed as Kermit and others.

They really should put out a DVD with all those moments in full. I'd buy that. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 4th, 2007, 6:49 pm

Yeah, me too! :) They actually did start releasing it on DVD, I've seen it in Wal-Mart as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Sesame-Street-Vol ... 042&sr=8-1
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » December 5th, 2007, 12:58 am

Sesame Street hasn't ended yet. Last I checked, it's still going. If you'll notice, the very beginning of the clip says that it's from the 35th anniversary special, not from the final episode. And you know what's really sad? The Old School Sesame Street dvds have a disclaimer that says that the episodes from the 70s aren't appropriate for today's kids. Sesame Street! Of all things! How badly are we sheltering our children from real life? How mindwarped are they going to grow up to be? And one of them is eventually going to be President! If we now live in a society where a 30 year old episode of Sesame Street is considered inappropriate, what hope do we have of any of these kids having the capacity to be a real leader? It scares me and it should scare you too. Okay, rant over.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 5th, 2007, 2:55 am

No, I totally get everything you're saying EV. Completely agree.

Apparently: Oscar is too sad and grumpy, Big Bird shouldn't have been hallucinating that he saw Snufflapugus while no one else could (although later on they made it so that everyone could see him :P) Ernie isn't very bright so that's like making fun of dumb people, Gordon shouldn't have asked a random little girl over to his and his wife's house for milk and cookies, Cookie Monster shouldn't overeat the way he does, and in "Monsterpiece Theater" he shouldn't have been holding the pipe because it encourages smoking (although he does eat it). I read that when they re-run MT now they digitally removed the pipe. (!!!)

I'm just glad I'm grown up now and actually got to see the REAL Sesame as a kid. :?

Sesame Street hasn't ended yet. Last I checked, it's still going.
Oh, wow, I guess I misunderstood--I really thought it ended? I thought I read in the YT forum that the last ep made was in 2004? Are they actually still making original eps?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 5th, 2007, 6:36 am

So...it IS still showing? New episodes?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 5th, 2007, 2:30 pm

Yes and yes! :)

Cookie Monster is still on that 'diet' and they've added new characters, like Abby Cadabby; a fairy.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 5th, 2007, 5:14 pm

I like that. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Sesame Street

Post by Daniel » August 19th, 2022, 1:00 pm

HBO Max has removed 200 episodes. Not even Sesame Workshop content is safe.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 19th, 2022, 6:01 pm

Which is why streaming is steaming…

Seriously, I think HBOM just made it easier for Sesame to pick another massive streamer (with a Muppets connection already!) the next time negotiations come up. They’d never get the Big Bird movie, though…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 20th, 2022, 4:47 am

Why, wasn't it a Warner movie?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 20th, 2022, 8:45 am

Yes, which is why *the other streamer* won’t get it…

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 20th, 2022, 3:34 pm

Bizarrely, Follow That Bird! isn’t on HBO Max, for whatever reason. The inferior Elmo in Grouchland is a Sony release (the same year they did Muppets From Space, natch!), so who knows who has the rights to those films.

And isn’t there a filmed Sesame Street movie with Anne Hathaway awaiting release? Wonder if that will get the Batgirl treatment now.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 21st, 2022, 12:35 pm

Follow That Bird used to be on HBO Max. I remember seeing the announcements. Weird.