Smallville

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Smallville

Post by GeorgeC » November 16th, 2005, 11:34 pm

According to Wednesday's edition of ComicsContinuum.com , the Superman Returns is getting its first national showing on Thursday during Smallville.

The trailer will probably start showing in theaters this weekend and should be up on the Internet by Friday afternoon at the latest...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 16th, 2005, 11:44 pm

I think it's going to be online at around 9pm, on Thursday evening.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 17th, 2005, 1:21 pm

I'm going to Potter tonight, so will hopefully see it there... :)

BTW, I deleted the other thread open on this, and even though the replies were fun, it was more than a bit redundant.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 17th, 2005, 3:31 pm

Ben wrote:I'm going to Potter tonight, so will hopefully see it there... :)

BTW, I deleted the other thread open on this, and even though the replies were fun, it was more than a bit redundant.
I'm going tommorow. So there.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 17th, 2005, 5:09 pm

MUST. NOT. MISS. PREVIEWS. BEFORE. HARRY. POTTER.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 16th, 2007, 5:04 pm

Closest we had to anything dedicated to Smallville so hijacked this thread and cut the title short (it originally promoted the SR preview during the show a while back). Anyway...

Woowoo!!

The latest season just finished here on E4 in the UK. Wow, Chloe turns out to be some healing Krypton spirit, Lana is "dead" (don't believe that for a second), Lex is arrested for her murder, Clark has "turned" Bizzaro...!!

Good season finale, and I can't wait to see where they take this. The cards are falling into place for the next season to be the last, after which I can only hope for "Metropolis", the continuation of the Smallville-universe story.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 16th, 2007, 9:08 pm

My friend is pretty big fan and has all the season box sets, very nice looking.

Not a fan myself, I'm afraid.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 17th, 2007, 8:25 am

I wouldn't go the whole hog and buy season sets (I tend not to buy much TV anyway and even then it's only classic, limited season sets since when am I really ever going to watch it?), but Smallville is a good series to its fans.

It plays with the mythos, sometimes dangerously recklessly, but there is a sense that they have a plan and that things will tie up. It's too well made to lose it all in the final series.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » December 18th, 2007, 11:52 am

I didn't start watching Smallville until last year when I found the first four seasons at walmart for $15 apiece. Then a few weeks ago, best buy put 'em on sale again and I was able to get season five for $15 too. So far I've watched the first two seasons and I'm loving it (don't worry about spoilers, I looked ahead at the the storyline so I know the basics of what happens, I just don't know the details of how we get there and therein lies the fun). I ran through season two in about five days so right now I'm taking a break before I watch season three but after the awesome way season two ended (with more than a hint of Buffy's second season finale) I'm looking forward to it.

Here's what I see in my mind for the series finale: After slowly but surely moving towards the dark side, Lex finally snaps completely and tries to do do something so terrible that Clark has no choice but to reveal himself to the world at large. After a huge, epic final battle, Lex is arrested and goes away vowing revenge and Clark, realizing that this is his true destiny, accepts the responsibility. The final shot of the series finds Clark at last donning the costume and flying off to begin his work as Superman.

I know the actual finale probably won't be anything like that, but it's fun to think about.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 18th, 2007, 12:33 pm

I'd pay a million bucks to say that the final shot will be Welling in costume, flying off towards Metropolis. It's just got to.

I'm still intrigued as to how they're going to lay the tracks so it fits into Superman lore. Essentially, Lex must not remember Clark without glasses, since the game is blown right there.