The Sarah Conner Chronicles

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 12th, 2008, 1:13 pm

Just a reminder: The Sarah Conner Chronicles begins its run on Fox tomorrow at 8PM with another episode airing Monday (presumably at the same time), which will then be its regular timeslot. Could someone rename the thread to make it inclusive of the whole franchise? I didn't want to start a seperate thread for the show.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 12th, 2008, 1:15 pm

eddievalient wrote:Could someone rename the thread to make it inclusive of the whole franchise?
Done! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 12th, 2008, 1:16 pm

Thankee Sai, Ben.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 12th, 2008, 1:23 pm

My error, according to wikipedia, the regular timeslot for the show will be Mondays at 9PM. Set your tivos accordingly. :D
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 13th, 2008, 2:24 pm

Bah Tivo, I'll be watching it live... so to speak. ;)

Thanks for the reminder, eddy. Gotta say, Fox has been doing a great job of promoting The Sarah Conner Chronicles. So good, everytime a commercial comes on its like WOW. I really hope the show doesn't dissapoint.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 13th, 2008, 9:20 pm

Okay, my thoughts: First, it was a pleasant surprise to see Dean Winters (of whom I am a fan from his work on OZ) and I hope his is a recurring character. Second, I thought the writing was excellent. It was at least as good as T3 (how you feel about that will depend on what you thought of that particular film, I suppose) and looks like it may get better as the season goes on. Lena Headey, let's face it, is no Linda Hamilton, but she plays Sarah well and it will be interesting to see her development. All in all, a good effort that's worthy of the name.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » January 14th, 2008, 10:19 am

Personally,

I think the talked-about Terminator anime anthology is more interesting than what I've heard about the proposed Terminator continuation with Christian Bale.

It's a bit late in coming, but the "Terminatrix" was obviously influenced by the Animatrix and is another me-too add-on to a franchise just as the upcoming Batman anime anthology is as well.

Still, a very interesting franchising development.

It doesn't mean much more work for American animation personnel -- most of the grunt is being done overseas by Japanese studios and their Korean subcontractors --, but it is interesting.

It seems like from all I heard from at http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 09-release that the Terminator anime anthology mainly focuses on what happens on Judgement Day. Stands to be very graphic and bloody indeed!

Of course, this is still dependent on the success of the current Terminator TV series and the upcoming (needless) sequel movies.

P.S. -- From what I saw, the Sarah Connor Chronicles seemed half-decent. Granted, I only saw 15 minutes since I was preoccupied by other things, but it could have been a lot worse.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Yeah, I'm very interested in the anime anthology. Can hardly wait for a pic or something.

Saw Sarah Conner Chronicles, too. Thought it was pretty good. It felt kinda like a mini movie of sorts. I also really like the new actors, espicially the new girl taking Arnold's spot. She is different and I like it! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 18th, 2008, 8:49 pm

NEWS: The new season of Terminator starts September 8th. What would have been the last four eps of season one will now be the first four eps of season two (according to the producers). Also, the show's first season is on DVD tomorrow. I'll be getting it ASAP since I didn't see the whole season the first time round. I hope the producers have a plan for the story that doesn't involve making it up as they go along (like Lost seems to be doing now).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 19th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Fox has been giving season one encores on Sunday and I think Mondays too. I've been trying to catch up. It's is an entertaining show, and it's doing a heck of a lot better at not getting old, like the movie turn series Tremors.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 3rd, 2008, 2:03 pm

I'm really looking forward to the season premier of this series...It's one of my favorites. :)