Pilot for Buffy Animated on YouTube

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Pilot for Buffy Animated on YouTube

Post by GeorgeC » August 3rd, 2008, 12:00 pm

The pilot for the proposed Buffy: The Vampire Slayer animated series is online at YouTube.com ... Just type in "Buffy Animated" in the search engine and it will come up. The pitch for the show was turned down and it has a snowball's chance in heck of being made now. Why it turned up online now is anybody's guess.

The short is only 3 minutes and 35 seconds long. Character designs are decent with typical TV quality animation. Actor's voices are kind of bored-sounding with a decent Sarah Michelle Gellar sound-alike. (It's not SMG -- she disavowed Buffy after the show ended).

I've already got the clip on my HD so who knows how long it will be up? Judging by what happened to the Plastic Man pilot I wouldn't count on this being around for more than a day...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » August 7th, 2008, 10:23 pm

The voice-acting DOES sound rather bored :[. I've got a feeling that that, more than anything, killed the show's chances :P.

The best part was that other girl's facial expressions and body language when she was going: "Did it bite you? Did it INFECT you?" :P That was quite endearing :P.