Shaun the Sheep

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Shaun the Sheep

Post by Daniel » December 16th, 2007, 7:32 pm

Anyone here watch it? Its a British stop-motion kids TV series produced by Aardman Animations, that first aired in the UK CBBC and now airs on Disney Channel. It stars Shaun the sheep from the Wallace and Gromit short film A Close Shave.

Aside from The Emperors New School, this is the BEST show Disney Channel currently has, period. When it was originally announced, I was expecting it to be enjoyable, but boy, was I pleasantly surprised. The look, the music, everything - Just brilliant! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 17th, 2007, 8:44 am

Yes, it's very very well made.

I may even go for the DVD since the series is well up to the Aardman standards.

Amazon UK have this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shaun-Sheep-Box ... 856&sr=8-1

...but it's unclear if the two comprised DVDs contain the entire series or not. There's another volume out in March 08, so I might hold off until they put out something definitive for collectors, like they did with Creature Comforts (though I didn't get those...they weren't as classic as Shaun is).

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 17th, 2007, 3:12 pm

Oooh, nice! But wait, your making it sound like it ended already in the UK, I thought it was still going..? Aww. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 18th, 2007, 8:59 am

Ooops...sorry, I think it IS still going. It's on every afternoon here anyway. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 18th, 2007, 2:30 pm

Phew, don't scare me like that! ;)

But every afternoon you say? That's not fair, in the states we only get once a week. Boo!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » August 14th, 2008, 12:15 am

I finally got to see it. It's on toon disney as a filler when they show a movie that didn't totally fill the time slot. I love the shorts. They are soo cute and well done. *applauds*
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 14th, 2008, 6:13 pm

Yup, it's a cute show alright. Don't feel the need to get a dvd though, even though I am a big Aardman fan.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 19th, 2008, 9:43 pm

I don't think I would either, but considering how short each short is, they could very well put a whole heap of episodes on one disc. That's tempting in itself, along with that I really love the series.

You guys remember any shorts? The last one I saw involved Shaun doing magic.