Spaceballs the Animated series airdate?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Spaceballs the Animated series airdate?

Post by GRUNT » March 24th, 2008, 12:23 am

Hey guys - I was just wondering if anybody here knew when this series is supposed to air :].

Somebody made a reply on this youtube link:

Saying that it's supposed to be the 23rd of March, '08. Anybody else hear anything about this? D:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 24th, 2008, 3:56 am

Only that it's suppose to premiere in the summer, but no date has been finalized. All I know, I'm afraid.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » June 18th, 2008, 10:53 pm

TBA?

Yeah, the last thing said about that show on G4 was months ago...

Even Code Monkeys has new episodes now.

Wish that channel would axe the constant reruns of Cheaters and Cops, though. Half a day, let alone three hours of that crap, is annoying!

G4 also needs to get rid of or seriously revamp Attack of the Show. Olivia's geek fame has gone to her head and Kevin Perrera is just a dork.

X-Play's still good, but the best "new" shows on the channel are Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke (msp).

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » June 23rd, 2008, 1:44 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceballs ... ted_Series

Already airing in Canada?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS3MhoPBqoo

Coming this fall to G4...

And, to be frank, the character designs don't look that good.

It also seems that only Mel Brooks, Daphne Zuniga, and Joan Rivers are returning to do voiceovers for their characters.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 3rd, 2008, 12:55 pm

"The series will premiere on G4 on on September 21, 2008 with a block of 4 episodes."

- from the Wikipedia entry on Spaceballs the TV series.

Ads for the show on G4 say it will air after a showing of the original 1987 "Spaceballs" movie.

There have been 13 episodes produced for the show.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 23rd, 2008, 12:26 am

UPDATE:

I got a look at the show over the weekend.

As promised, it was aired after Spaceballs: The Movie. (Movie would have been better unbleeped, but it was airing during kiddie hours.)

As for the TV series itself --

What a trainwreck!

Man, was it bad...! We all knew the character designs were generic and that we were getting a cookie-cutter cheap-as-it-gets Flash series but this takes the cake! Really, really bad execution.

Flat as can be jokes and uninspired voice-acting led to a dull as dishwater show. Mel, why'd you do this to us?

Mel's gotten older, yes, but there's no excuse for this mediocrity.

Every opportunity taken for jokes at the expense of the Prequels and Hobbit movies just bombed. I'm serious -- it was painful to see the show sputter so badly.

The Titanic had a more successful maiden voyage!

If you missed Spaceballs Animated on Sunday, I'm sure you can catch it in all its "glory" on YouTube.

Believe me, nobody's doing anybody favors putting that show on YouTbue!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2008, 8:26 am

I hate to say it, but Mel certainly has lost the spark.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » September 29th, 2008, 9:53 am

I don't catch the show because I wasn't even aware that it was on, and even if I had known, I'm in Australia :P.

I must say though - this is very disappointing news. :( I went to YouTube to take a look for myself, but what I saw didn't look particularly pleasant, indeed :(.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 29th, 2008, 6:41 pm

You have no idea, honestly. It's bad. The YouTube clips probably don't do it full justice in its awfulness.

Remember that I said the Titanic had a more successful maiden voyage?
:oops:

I'll be surprises if this show gets picked up for another season.

Code Monkeys (another G4 original animated series), on the other hand, is the best original show ongoing on G4 besides X-Play. It's a bit raunchy at times and can get pointless like South Park does but there's still something there for people that appreciate videogame in-jokes and scatological humor.

Ah, a show only the creator of Minoriteam could come up with! 8)