Warner's Saturday Morning Cartoons Collections

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 28th, 2009, 11:20 pm

Jerry Beck has posted a more complete and updated list of what is set to appear on these sets. Looks good to me!! I'll definitely be getting these. Somehow, I don't know if we'll otherwise be seeing eps for Roman Holidays, Amazing Chan, Frankenstein Jr., etc. anywhere else.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ (scroll down)

The 1960s disc features:
Disc #1
TOP CAT - The Tycoon
ATOM ANT/PRECIOUS PUP/HILLBILLY BEARS
THE PETER POTAMUS SHOW (with Breezly & Sneezly, Yippee, Yappee and Yahooney)
SECRET SQUIRREL/SQUIDDLEY DIDDLY/WINSOME WITCH
THE FLINTSTONES - The Happy Household
THE PORKY PIG SHOW - Often An Orphan/Mice Follies/The Super Snooper)
THE QUICK DRAW McGRAW SHOW (with SNOOPER AND BLABBER and AUGIE DOGIE) - Dynamite Fright/Outer Space Case/Growing Growing Gone

Disc #2
THE JETSONS - Rosey The Robot
MARINE BOY - Battle To Save The World
SPACE GHOST/DINO BOY
HERCLULOIDS - The Beaked People / The Raider Apes
FRANKENSTEIN JR. AND THE IMPOSSIBLES - The Shocking Electric Monster / The Bibbler / The Spinner
THE MAGILLA GORILLA SHOW (with PUNKIN PUSS and RICOCHET RABBIT)

Bonus Materials:
THE QUCK DRAW McGRAW SHOW (with SNOOPER AND BLABBER and AUGIE DOGIE) - Dough Nutty / El Kabong Was Wrong / Gem Jam
Bonus Documentaries on QUICK DRAW McGRAW, MAGILLA GORILLA, FRANKENSTEIN JR. and THE IMPOSSIBLES.

The 1970s disc contains:

Disc #1
THE JETSONS - The Space Car
THE BATMAN TARZAN ADVENTURE HOUR
HONG KONG PHOONEY
GOOBER AND THE GHOST CHASERS
SPEED BUGGY
WHEELIE AND THE CHOPPER BUNCH

Disc #2
YOGI’S GANG
AMAZING CHAN AND THE CHAN CLAN
ROMAN HOLIDAYS
JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS
THE NEW SCOOBY DOO MOVIES
FUNKY PHANTOM

Bonus Documentaries on THE FUNKY PHANTOM, JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS and THE CHAN CLAN.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 29th, 2009, 8:00 am

Hmmm...might have to split these with you when they come in Rand!

I'm quite drawn in by the 70s one now...Tarzan, Chan and "Hong Kong Phooney"? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » January 29th, 2009, 11:11 am

They book look pretty cool to me. There's a lot in there I don't think we'll ever see in a proper multi-disc release.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 29th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Hillbilly Bears!! Of course that alone can't justify buying the 60's set... whaa Augie Dogie too!? I suppose time will tell, hopefully these sets are restored!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 29th, 2009, 7:47 pm

These look good to me, and the shows not previously released outnumber those available elsewhere, so I'll definitely put it on my "maybe" list.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 30th, 2009, 10:31 am

I'd reckon these get a "remaster" but not a full restoration or video clean-up. Apart from the episodes from the shows already released (I wonder if those confirmed extras might just be repurposed from those sets too?) I would imagine that this is really a testing ground to see what's popular.

Don't be too excited about the quality, though they're sure to be better than as originally broadcast, and you'll be happily surprised at how good they do look, even if they're not up to high-level standards. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Steve Carras » February 2nd, 2009, 6:48 pm

Look for my recent reply to the No Magilla or Quickdraw for more on the issue of the Quick Draw show.
"It IS 2706!"
-"A Hick, A Slick, & A Chick" [obscure Looney Tune short,1948,dir.Arthur Davis][.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AH3RD » February 7th, 2009, 7:50 am

Randall wrote:Jerry Beck has posted a more complete and updated list of what is set to appear on these sets. Looks good to me!! I'll definitely be getting these. Somehow, I don't know if we'll otherwise be seeing eps for Roman Holidays, Amazing Chan, Frankenstein Jr., etc. anywhere else.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ (scroll down)

Okay, so the 3 New Tom & Jerry cartoons from 1975 aren't gonna be on this release... :roll:

Well, here's hoping sales on these discs are through the roof which would open the door for future volumes, so that NT&J may see release on one of them (with Grape Ape and Mumbly probably thrown in). Or possibly on its own in a Complete Series edition... :wink:

Heck, I'd buy it anyway, if just for the inclusion of Speed Buggy and Wheelie And The Chopper Bunch... 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » February 7th, 2009, 3:35 pm

I love the funky phantom

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 3rd, 2009, 2:41 am

Our review of the first set has been posted. These sets are <b>awesome</b>. I can't imagine any cartoon fan not wanting them. They make me so nostalgic for Saturday morning cartoons. So much fun! I'll be getting the review of the 1970s volume up soon too.

http://animated-views.com/2009/saturday ... -volume-1/

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » June 3rd, 2009, 2:45 am

I can't wait!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » June 4th, 2009, 3:26 pm

Great review Randall. I am looking forward to owning these. I agree with you on the nature of this set. I have wanted something like this for a while - ever since the Cartoon Crackup discs that used to be available. I just don't want to own all these shows in season sets. This is more fun this way. I'm looking forward to seeing what will be available in the 2nd volume.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 8th, 2009, 9:12 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » June 8th, 2009, 2:45 pm

Interesting take on the set Randall. After reading your two reviews, I've now decided I'll probably be sticking to the 1960s set. I'm just not that interested in these 1970s shows. It's interesting to me that the 60s shows proved to be more lasting and I remember watching more of those while growing up in the 80s.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 15th, 2009, 2:05 am

Our View of the latest 1970s set:

http://animatedviews.com/2009/saturday- ... -volume-2/

The 1960s Vol. 2 review coming soon!