Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

QUICKTIME VERSION!

Post by Kaszubas » November 8th, 2004, 10:58 am

I'm a new guy here and I'd like to say HELLO to everybody ;)

Anybody asked for a QuickTime version of new Chicken Little trailer ? Here you are !

http://bvbp-qt.vitalstream.com/ChickenL ... 8_3000.mov

:)

cheers
Szymon

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Chicken Little THREAD

Post by CoryMitchell » November 18th, 2004, 9:39 am

WDFA vetran Josh Edwards has a nice article over at JHM today about the overcrowding of CGI films that we'll see over the next few years and how this might play out.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles ... hp?ID=1181

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 18th, 2004, 11:57 am

The article says Disney doesnt have any movies they can announce in a trailer, like "from the creators of". I don't think that's true. If I'm not mistaken Chicken Little is from the creators of Emperor's new Groove (a movie that kinda has a cult following) There's an Emperor's New Groove TV series coming up and a sequel, so I think we'll see something like from the creator of Emperor's New Groove.

Anyway, I'm kinda looking forward to Chicken Little, it looks like the best of the four big CGI movies coming out in 2005.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » November 18th, 2004, 12:34 pm

Disney doesn't want to say, "Chicken Little coming soon! From the creators of Dinosaur!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 18th, 2004, 12:37 pm

Christian wrote:Disney doesn't want to say, "Chicken Little coming soon! From the creators of Dinosaur!"
I dont think Dinosaur was made by the same people that are making Chicken Little and no... "from the creators of Dinosaur" doesnt sound good :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CoryMitchell » November 18th, 2004, 1:15 pm

PatrickvD wrote:The article says Disney doesnt have any movies they can announce in a trailer, like "from the creators of". I don't think that's true. If I'm not mistaken Chicken Little is from the creators of Emperor's new Groove (a movie that kinda has a cult following) There's an Emperor's New Groove TV series coming up and a sequel, so I think we'll see something like from the creator of Emperor's New Groove.

Anyway, I'm kinda looking forward to Chicken Little, it looks like the best of the four big CGI movies coming out in 2005.
Despite having a cult following ENG is not a favorite film of Michael Eisner. So, I don't see him using that to promote Chicken Little. Plus, cult status aside, your average movie goer doesn't know ENG, so there wouldn't be much point in putting that in a trailer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » November 18th, 2004, 1:17 pm

I dont think Dinosaur was made by the same people that are making Chicken Little
People don't care who the computer animation was outsourced to or not outsourced to. They still see both movies as being "Disney movies."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 18th, 2004, 6:28 pm

One thing Disney never does is say "from the creators of...".

The Disney brand is the selling point.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » November 19th, 2004, 5:22 pm

Honestly, I don't like it when studios put in "From the Creators of..." To me, it is misleading and downright pathetic. Take for example the Cars trailer. Pixar named every one of it's 5 movies (not including TS2). To me, it's misleading in that the movies have different directors, writing teams, and it makes it sound as if the movies will be the same. I'm glad that Disney never does that.

As for the Disney brand, it still has much more power that Pixar's. When do kids know the movie will start...when they see the castle (in fact, during the Incredibles, the kids started to clap and say 'yay' when it came on). The Pixar logo, however, kids tend to associate with the shorts now.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Exclusive: "Chicken Little" 's story revealed

Post by muppet » November 22nd, 2004, 6:09 am

Jim Hill returns with an article that gives away key plot points of Walt Disney Studios’ upcoming release. Which reveals why – when it comes to saving the world – it sometimes helps to be a little chicken.

http://www.biganimation.com/magazine/ne ... ?a=413&z=3

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by maddogmike » December 2nd, 2004, 4:44 pm

I've never thought about "spoilers" for an animated movie before. Star Wars, yes. Horror movies with twist endings, sure. But I'm pretty sure I already know the basic plot for Chicken Little.

Or do I?
http://www.animatusstudio.com/dvd

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » December 2nd, 2004, 7:54 pm

maddogmike wrote:But I'm pretty sure I already know the basic plot for Chicken Little.Or do I?
Disney is not taking the traditional approach to CL. This story happens after the 'sky falling incident.'
This plot involves the sky 'really' falling. Aliens come into play, and well this isn't your average fairy tale.
-Michael
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Team
AV Team

Chicken Little has big competition

Post by Josh » February 25th, 2005, 8:52 pm

Has anyone else realized that Chicken Little will open against The Legend of Zorro- which will be going after about the same audience? Disney has got to take a note from its competitors and stop releasing movies against huge action films that already have a built-in audience. For instance, like Ice Age, Robots is going to be huge, not necessarily because of its reviews, but because it has a lack of competition.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » February 26th, 2005, 3:54 am

Only just noticed this. Maybe CGI won't be such a good venture for Disney. :roll:
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » February 26th, 2005, 5:24 am

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.