Mega Mind

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » June 3rd, 2009, 11:28 am

I know, I don't post on here much, and I assumed you guys forgot who i was anyway. Even though it seems like dreamworks doesn't put out the freshest ideas, I think this sounds enjoyable. IMHO, sometimes I like to watch Dreamworks films more than I do Pixar because of its ocasionall silliness, but If I want something a bit more sentimental and a film with a more crisp script, I watch Pixar. Vise versa, you know?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » June 3rd, 2009, 1:44 pm

It could be fun. I'm excited to hear who is involved in the production.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 3rd, 2009, 3:08 pm

directed by Tom McGrath, executive produced by Ben Stiller and Stuart Cornfeld, produced by Lara Breay and Denise Nolan Cascino

...but you probably meant the creatives not the executives!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » June 3rd, 2009, 3:16 pm

I thought Gary Trousdale (The Beauty and the Beast) was co-directing this also...

www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/first-loo ... -oobermind

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 3rd, 2009, 3:23 pm

That's odd, the DW press release doesn't mention him:

http://www.dreamworksanimation.com/dwa_ ... id=1293267

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » June 3rd, 2009, 3:54 pm

I'll watch anything with Robert Downey, Jr and the story sounds interesting, so I'll see it.

And I guess these characters don't go to Edna Mode for their uniforms. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » June 3rd, 2009, 7:47 pm

Boy, how... original...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » June 4th, 2009, 3:34 pm

Looks like Dreamworks is trying to follow pixar's footsteps again. Oh brother. :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 4th, 2009, 6:28 pm

This is THE best idea for an animated movie that I've heard in a long time. Yes, it does sound a little like "The Incredibles," but with Robert Downey Jr. aboard, it should be great!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » June 4th, 2009, 6:58 pm

I don’t know guys but how many people hear “The Incredibles” when they read the synopsis for Oobermind?

Synopsis: When super villain Oobermind defeats his archrival Metro Man, the world should be his oyster. But instead, Oobermind falls into total despair. It turns out that life without a rival is life without a point for him. So he creates a new superhero rival. Unfortunately, the new hero wants to be a super villain too. Who can we turn to? Who has what it takes to stand up to this menace? Who will defend the innocent? Oobermind! That’s who.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » June 4th, 2009, 7:20 pm

Oh, come on. Just bacause if it has something with superheros its gotta be the Incredibles. Anything with fish is Finding nemo, and talinkg toys, it's toy story.
:roll:
Let's be frank here for a moment. Does it really soud like the incredibles? Not to me. The plot really might be something totally new. Well, somewhat new anyway. Chill, folks. Chill. 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 6th, 2009, 2:26 pm

But you have to admit that Syndrome has lost a lot of weight since turning blue. ;)

Cute girl, though...and no that's not a sexist remark: whatever else, DWs have always been good at delivering female models that have interesting, "real world" looks.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » January 15th, 2010, 5:25 pm

A part of this movie was screened yesterday but be aware the following link has spoilers so please continue knowing this.

movies.ign.com/articles/106/1061477p1.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » January 15th, 2010, 7:01 pm

So, the title has been changed to MegaMind..? Good!!

I understood DreamWorks' concern with the 'non-trademark-able' title MasterMind .. but changing it to OoberMind was a painfully bad idea -- not least because it's supposed to refer to a super-smart character, who should know that the correct spelling would be ÜberMind.

Though, I'm just hoping the movie is good .. no matter what they call it. :wink:

/skipped the link, because I don't want any 'spoilers'

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » January 16th, 2010, 2:16 am

I don't know why when I saw the trailer I didn't think Dreamworks was making it, I thought it was Blue Sky or an unknown studio. :P Whatever....

Anyway, as of right now I'm not wowed by the idea but maybe they can prove me wrong, we'll see. :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]