60s alvin show comes to dvd

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

60s alvin show comes to dvd

Post by gaastra » June 15th, 2009, 4:50 pm

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Alvin- ... Show/12109

The classic show comes to dvd. This is the one that aired on nick in the 90s.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 15th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Nice. I'll be interested to see it.

Too bad that it's just 3 episodes, though. They are certainly targeting the nostalgia crowd with this release, but not the collectors crowd.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 16th, 2009, 6:46 am

At least they're being consistent. The 1980's series has been coming to DVD the same way; a few episodes on single discs here & there (grouped by 'theme'), with an occasional 2-disc set that has a half-dozen eps.

I grew up with re-runs of the original The Alvin Show as a kid, with the 1980's revival albums and the Alvin and the Chipmunks saturday-morning series coming along when I was a teenager .. so, I'm actually fond of both shows. I'll definitely pick this up, when it's released. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » June 16th, 2009, 12:15 pm

I like the show, but I would still love it if Paramount released SOMETHING for collectors. I think it could do well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » September 18th, 2009, 8:24 am

Well, it seems the DVD is titled The Very First Alvin Show for a reason .. there is only one episode of the 1960's series on the disc!

It might have been nice to have 3 or 4 episodes of the show, at least. :?

The 'bonus features' are two 1990's-era specials -- one of which features the Chipmunks' reunion with their mother, and the other being a fluff 'documentary' look at the Chipmunks through the years -- which makes only scant mention of the 1960's Alvin Show.

Overall, a bit of a disappointment, IMO. :(

The one nice thing I will say is that the transfer quality on the 1960's ep is 'pristine'; crisper even than the transfers on contemporary toon DVDs (Rocky & Bullwinkle, Underdog, George of the Jungle, etc) .. with little noise or artifacting to be seen.