Oscar Chat Archive

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 23rd, 2009, 7:00 pm

And after all that...the general sentiments rolled up into our official overview:
http://animated-views.com/2009/and-the- ... -the-dogs/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » February 25th, 2009, 11:22 pm

Interesting take. I agree with almost everything said. The musical number with Beyonce was a mess, but I did love the opening intro with Hugh Jackman. I have to say that was a big hit in our house. I also did love the way they presented the acting awards with 5 previous winners onstage. I thought it made it more meaningful for the nominated performances. Overall, it was a good show and I certainly enjoyed it. Not many surprises, but that's Oscar for you. One year you think you know who's going to win, and in others you actually do know. This year, it was the latter.

As for the winners. Too bad for Waltz With Bashir. It was an excellent film, although I have not watched Departures yet. I will rent it when it comes out. Revanche was a great movie though.

AV Founder
AV Founder

2010 Live Oscar Chat

Post by James » March 1st, 2010, 11:32 am

Join members of the Animated Views team and your fellow forum members for a live chat during the Oscar telecast! Not only will we talk shop, we'll also keep a running live update of who is leading in our Oscar prediction contest throughout the night!

We'll officially kick off the chat at 7:30pm ET on Sunday, March 7th. Registered forum members can click the "Chat Room" link at the top of any forum page to enter the chat room.

CHAT ROOM NOTES:
- Since we have redone the forum, you might want to go ahead and click the chat link now to ensure it is still working for you. Let me know of any issues.
- Let's keep the chat room rated PG please. Violators may be kicked out!
- The Flash plugin is needed to access the room.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 1st, 2010, 1:22 pm

Oh, and:
- We LIKE the Oscars. We may grumble about them, but there is a reason why we're all having betting pools and talking to each other about it. Disingenuously trollish attempts to barge in and say "Oh, yawn, watch Hollyweird pat itself on the back and make speeches for six hours" will not find much productive love, success or desired attention in the chat.

(Was this directed at any one board member/s in particular? Why, no, George, not at all...) ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: 2010 Live Oscar Chat

Post by askmike1 » March 3rd, 2010, 6:23 pm

I always come back here every year to participate in this. And as long as Cablevision and ABC7 settle (and I can physically watch the Oscars).... I'll be here! :)
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 4th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Just added my "votes" for fun. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 7th, 2010, 4:34 pm

CHAT ROOM IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE BEFORE THE SHOW! BE BACK UP SOON!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 7th, 2010, 4:45 pm

Can someone tell me exactly how many hours it is until the Oscars start showing. I'm trying to work out when it starts in Australia and I'm getting conflicted stories. One says it's in 15mins, the other says it's not for another 3 hours and 15mins. As I type this it's 8:45am Australia time.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 7th, 2010, 4:52 pm

3hrs 15. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 7th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Thanks Ben, good to see that I was right. Must learn to trust myself and my TV guide

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 7th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Chat room is back up and running!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 8th, 2010, 1:29 am

Sorry I missed the chat, as always. Hope you guys had fun! :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » March 8th, 2010, 5:06 am

I would had loved to be there!

I hope you had fun!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » March 8th, 2010, 7:03 pm

I missed most of the chat as I was away from the computer, but I'm sure everyone had a great time.

P.S. Ben or James: Are you going to copy the full chat script onto the forums like last year?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 8th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Unfortunately I don't think so. The main reason it was done last time was a favor to me, since I wasn't going to be able to attend. This year I could have made it, but since I didn't think the Chat would let me log on -- as has been the case for the past month or so -- I made plans. How life is sometimes, I suppose! ;)

I was actually in the Chat before the awards started and little after it begun. Seemed fun from little I was around for!