Adult Swim to start at 8pm next year

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Adult Swim to start at 8pm next year

Post by gaastra » February 15th, 2010, 6:36 pm

If this is in the wrong forum then please move it. Thanks.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_dis ... 82fbe4c0b1

Next year adult swim will start at 8/9pm.

Isn't that to early? Most kids still watch cartoon network at that time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 16th, 2010, 9:24 am

Could be that they'll run things like King of the Hill at 8 or 9 and still leave the grown-ups-only stuff (like the Aqua Teens) for late night. Makes sense to me.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 18th, 2010, 9:42 am

Not particularly "wrong" thread, but probably more suited to Television than the Headlines, hence the move. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Adult Swim to start at 8pm next year

Post by Dacey » February 22nd, 2010, 4:15 pm

This seems like a very...bizzare decission. I wonder if they'll even follow through with it.

Then again, the only AS show that I care for at all is "Robot Chicken" anyway. And I only watch that online.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 22nd, 2010, 10:14 pm

Personally, I love love love The Venture Bros. but could care less about every other show on the station. But yes, starting earlier than 9 seems like a strange decision, since I'm sure there are still kids up and watching cartoons at that time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » February 23rd, 2010, 1:09 am

I don't think CN would do something like that. That's when they premiere new episodes, so it only makes sense that they wouldn't.

And personally, I think they should push back Adult Swim until 11pm or 12am. Adult Swim annoys me as much as Toon Disney did with Jetix.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Adult Swim to start at 8pm next year

Post by droosan » March 8th, 2010, 8:43 am

I was pleasantly surprised by Freaknik: The Musical, which finally aired last night after several 'push-backs'. At first glance, it seems to be an unredeeming romp in the mold of last year's El Superbeasto or vintage Ralph Bakshi flicks .. but there is actually an enjoyable 'journey' story hidden beneath that peurile surface coating.

It's definitely not for kids .. which should make Darkblade, and a few others here, fairly happy. :twisted:

It is, however, outlandishly fun .. and kept me guessing more than a few times as to where the story was headed. And -- while there are voice cameos by Snoop Dogg and even (all too briefly!) George Clinton and Bootsy Collins -- there are plenty of other celebrity 'cameos' which are obviously very unauthorized!

.. but it's all with the aim of having a good time.

Which seems to be Freaknik's ultimate 'message'. :mrgreen: