War of the Worlds

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 27th, 2005, 8:15 pm

Ben wrote:I still think Back To The Future is the most fun you can have in a simulator!
I thought so, too, but my dad complained that every time the car would lean sideways, he could see the other simulators! I think it was due to the fact that the screen was so huge that made me feel as though I were really flying back through time, rather than watching a movie in wich your seat corrosponds with.

My fav ride was probably Revenge of the Mummy, which was very fun but a bit too short. Jurassic park was not a bad ride by any means, either, but I hate log flumes and some of the animatronics weren't working correctly. The T-Rex just before the drop looked as though it had just gotten shot or something. :?

The Studio Tour still owns, though! :D We even got a tiny peek at a set for Pirates of the Carrabean 2!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 28th, 2005, 6:42 am

I only caught sight of the other cars in the BTTF ride on my third or fourth go. If you're on the upper level in the middle, you just can't see the others.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » July 28th, 2005, 1:15 pm

I just saw War of the Worlds the other day, and I must say that it just wasn't all that great. Cliched, nausiating and grotty, War of the Worlds was simply a disapointment. Hook is considered by some the weak link in Speilberg's career, but for me, this is it...
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 28th, 2005, 1:19 pm

I liked WaterWorld too (that's really more of a show than a ride) but I LOVED BTTF the best. I went on both the Hollywood and Orlando one. I love the part when you crash through the clock tower! It feels so real. :o
Jurassic Park is fun....that drop...whoa!
But ET: So lame. The "futuristic/alien" stuff on his planet is really dated.

Back to the Future is definetely my fave. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 28th, 2005, 3:25 pm

I came out of ET reeking of fromage... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » July 28th, 2005, 3:30 pm

Erm...is it me who was the only one who kept on topic? :roll: :P :lol:
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 28th, 2005, 6:31 pm

Yeah. Well done! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 28th, 2005, 9:43 pm

Has anyone been on Soarin' at WDW (or Disneyland)? Without a doubt, the most awesome ride I have ever been on! I did Mission: Space expecting it to be amazing, but it was just good. But Soarin'? Simply incredible!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 30th, 2005, 3:49 pm

Maybe if I ever get to move to LA like I want, I'll try that ride when I visit DisneyLand. (I like scary stuff :wink: )

About WOTW....OK maybe this is insane, but I kind of feel that it should at least be nominated for Best Director/Best Actor/Best Supporting Actress(Fanning) And definetely Best Sound.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 31st, 2005, 9:54 am

ShyViolet wrote:Maybe if I ever get to move to LA like I want, I'll try that ride when I visit DisneyLand. (I like scary stuff :wink: )

About WOTW....OK maybe this is insane, but I kind of feel that it should at least be nominated for Best Director/Best Actor/Best Supporting Actress(Fanning) And definetely Best Sound.
What about best effects?

Oh - and if you wanna move to LA, just be sure you're a very, very patient driver. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 8th, 2005, 5:17 pm

I'll remember that! :) Thanks!

Definetely best effects, but the sound was AMAZING. When those ships came out of the ground, whoa!

I really wanted to see it again but my theater stopped playing it. :(

Anyway, maybe "Best Adapted Screenplay" for this film, since it was based on the book and all. I still think Tom should get a Best Actor nod anyway, and Dakota too.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 8th, 2005, 5:42 pm

The sound - and the sound effects editing - was awesome in this one. I saw it in DTS the first time and then again last week in a Dolby theater and the DTS just wiped the floor with the other one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 13th, 2005, 2:23 pm

I wonder how the sound will be on the DVD?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 14th, 2005, 7:33 am

DTS I believe.

It's the limited 2-disc for me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 15th, 2005, 4:42 pm

Not to sound ignorant or anything :oops: :oops: but what does DTS stand for again?

I can't wait until this DVD comes out. :)