Favorite 80's Cartoon?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: favorite 80's cartoon?

Post by Bill1978 » July 16th, 2010, 6:38 pm

I saw this thread and though beauty I'll post my favourite 80s cartoon here but then as I read the thread more cartoons popped up that made me go my brothers and I watched that religiously. So here in no particular order (except the top spot) and my favourite 80s cartoons.

The Mysterious Cities Of Gold
Dungeons And Dragons
Transformers
The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz
Voltron (Lion version)
Ulysses 31
Battle Of The Planets

Still wish I could get Dungeons and Dragons and The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz on DVD here in Australia.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Favorite 80's Cartoon?

Post by ellasherlin » October 26th, 2010, 7:23 am

Wuzzles
Captain N.
Gummi Bears
Duck Tales

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 26th, 2010, 8:40 am

Welcome, ellasherlin: your illegal movie download links have been removed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Tweaked » November 18th, 2010, 8:14 am

Smurfs and Ewoks were my favorites. The best of all...

Everyone has a liking for those cartoons ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Baree » November 29th, 2010, 9:25 am

I have fond memories of Babar and Kissyfur (I have two Dutch VHS tapes of Kissyfur, would dearly love a DVD release), but my favourite show from the 80's is without a doubt The Raccoons. One of my favourite animated shows in general.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 29th, 2010, 10:07 am

I always wanted to like The Raccoons more than the actual show allowed. I thought it was good, I wouldn't miss it, and I wasn't disappointed by it, but there was something about it that I wasn't crazy about. Can't put my finger on it, but there you go! I'd like to see it again, though, to get a new appraisal on it: I remember the animation being pretty good for 80s TV stuff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 29th, 2010, 11:16 am

Two 3-DVD boxed sets of The Raccoons TV series have been released by Morningstar Entertainment. I think they were only distributed in Canada. They are rather 'pricey' .. and (unfortunately) are now 'out-of-print'. They also only contain 18 episodes of the show, which is less than half the total produced. Regardless, if you're a fan of the series, they are worth seeking-out.

Personally, I was much more fond of the four 'TV specials' which preceded the TV series .. particularly The Raccoons and the Lost Star. Unfortunately, none of those has yet seen a DVD release.

This early Nelvana series sported better-than-average animation, and overall was rather charming. It also had the distinction of not being based around a line of toys, as was very much in-fashion at the time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Baree » November 29th, 2010, 1:32 pm

droosan wrote:Two 3-DVD boxed sets of The Raccoons TV series have been released by Morningstar Entertainment. I think they were only distributed in Canada. They are rather 'pricey' .. and (unfortunately) are now 'out-of-print'. They also only contain 18 episodes of the show, which is less than half the total produced. Regardless, if you're a fan of the series, they are worth seeking-out.
Fabulous Films LTD Actually released the first two seasons, which are the two DVD sets I currently have. The second season set has a documentary/interview with Kevin Gillis. I am not a fan of a couple of random (themed) episodes, I prefer a nice seasonal set. But I suppose that would go for most of us. In Germany the show has been released in its entirety, but only with the German voicetrack, I decided against buying that.

I have the four tv specials on VHS.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » November 29th, 2010, 2:41 pm

Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 18th, 2011, 10:50 am

james22 (in the now deleted post above) wrote:My favorite carton is Tom and Jerry. It’s a nice story about a mouse and a cat. I like this cartoon very much because it’s always funny. Also I like Scooby doo (loved shaggy). Droopy and Driple is another cartoon I watch same time.
Wow. That had to be THE best post about "Tom & Jerry" that I've seen EVER. "It's a nice story about a mouse and a cat." Brilliant!

Seriously, Spambots seem to be drawn to this topic almost by instinct...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 26th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Very cool three-part interview with Maurice LaMarche (Egon Spangler) on The Real Ghostbusters! :).

https://youtu.be/uz41Zte3JNg
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 29th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Kids react to: DuckTales! (pre-2017)

https://youtu.be/_y9qGngsyA4

Sorry to keep posting these, but this one was just sooooo crazy! Had to share it! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 26th, 2018, 6:04 pm

Original promo for The Real Ghostbusters in 1986, when Slimer was bad and Peter looked much more like Bill Murray. :)

https://youtu.be/OiC5_qROyMw

(Also, doesn’t the pink ghost at 2:00 look a lot like Bing-Bong? Lol.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 10th, 2019, 12:29 pm

Very long and VERY comprehensive oral history of The Disney Afternoon.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/disney-af ... ue-rangers

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by KathrynBerck » July 21st, 2019, 11:06 pm

The 80s was filled with cartoons that were totally tubular. Many are still popular today, such as Transformers and G.I. Joe, both of which went on to become live action films in the last decade…but what about all the shows from the 80s that nobody seems to remember? https://docsbay.net/ten-80s-cartoons-th ... -remembers