Charlie Brown VS Shrek Tonight!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Charlie Brown VS Shrek Tonight!

Post by gaastra » October 28th, 2010, 2:01 pm

For those who want to watch it, the charlie brown halloween special airs on abc at 7 tonight. This year however another special wants to take it down!

Scared shrekless will air against it! If shrek beats charlie brown that will be really sad.

When's the last time two prime-time cartoon specials were one at the same time?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 28th, 2010, 3:37 pm

...The last time the network showed Shrek the Halls opposite Charlie Brown?
(Or Rudolph, have to look that one up.)

In this case, however, expect the Great Pumpkin to rock, and DW to get one. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 28th, 2010, 4:05 pm

Why would it be "sad" if more people watch the Shrek special? No one's seen it before. Meanwhile, everyone's seen Charlie Brown 10,000 times. If I were to pick between one and the other, I'd go for the ogre. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » October 28th, 2010, 10:41 pm

I thought the Shrek special was pretty fun. I had wondered what happened to Dulok after the first film.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2010, 8:58 am

Did that Mutant Pumpkins special ever come out on DVD in the States? DWs put out their other specials as store exclusives, and we have it over here as a Tesco (basically Wall-Mart) deal, which I'm tempted to pick up.

GeorgeC

Re: Charlie Brown VS Shrek Tonight!

Post by GeorgeC » October 31st, 2010, 10:07 am

Nope,

It never did, Ben.

I'm glad I DVR'd it when I could.

It's on my iPod minus the commercials of course!

It's one of those programs where I ported it from the (DVD-Recorder) hard drive, edited out on the computer, compressed to MP4-heaven, and there it is!

Doubt it's going to be released on its own... Maybe a re-release on Blu ray (with the original feature film) in the future but nowadays I see myself as being far less likely to get Blu ray re-releases unless they're upgrades of previously DVD- (or VHS-)only releases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_vs._Aliens Wiki says the UK so far is the only territory announced for DVD release of the special. I'd say go and get that DVD if you want it... There certainly hasn't been a US release that I'm aware of. I regularly browse 2-3 sites for DVD/Blu ray and this special has never shown up for US home video release. Most films that length are never going to get it unless the producing studio pushes it through.

Monsters Vs. Aliens had a weak reception overseas and Katzenberg is now saying a possible sequel is all but dead now...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2010, 11:19 am

Cheers, George! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 6th, 2011, 12:55 am

Seriously, you spam bots are hilarious.

Honestly, writers strike? That ended YEARS ago.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 6th, 2011, 3:42 am

What spambot, Dacey? ;)