The Incredibles DVD

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Incredibles Images

Post by scofo » October 22nd, 2004, 4:18 pm

Cool New Pictures (Spoilers if look closely at pics)

remember to put 'scofo' if added :)

http://outnow.ch/Media/Img/2004/Incredibles/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Anim8EdCox » October 22nd, 2004, 6:51 pm

This film is getting such "Incredible" positive advance notices from folks who have seen it! It looks like it's going to take the country by storm! Brad Bird has another hit on his hands and Pixar too, and that's a great thing! :D
Edward R.

I open December 4th as "Maurice" in "Disney's Beauty and the Beast"! :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 26th, 2004, 6:50 pm

Thanks for the news, scofo!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

An Incredible Christmas on Regent Street

Post by muppet » November 4th, 2004, 1:18 pm

http://www.biganimation.com/magazine/ne ... ?a=364&z=9

We will have exclusive photos on Skwigly - 7th November!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Incredibles new article

Post by muppet » November 8th, 2004, 8:10 am

Story perspective: how a great script makes ‘The Incredibles’ function cinematically

http://www.biganimation.com/magazine/ne ... ?a=380&z=3

It is a long article -- however it is very interesting.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

No sequel for Incredibles | Simpsons movie pushed back

Post by Guardstone » November 8th, 2004, 5:16 pm

From IMDB's Studio Briefing newspage
http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2004-11-08

No Sequel for 'The Incredibles', Says Producer
Pixar has no plans in the works for a sequel to The Incredibles, writer-director Brad Bird has told Chicago Sun-Times columnist Cindy Pearlman. "We won't rush into a sequel. No one at Pixar has mentioned it," Bird said. "It's the kind of thing where you want to take some time and work on it so you don't let the fans down." Unmentioned in the interview is the fact that under Disney's current agreement with Pixar, Disney will retain the right to make sequels of Pixar features after the contract expires next year, with Pixar receiving only an 8-percent royalty. The studio also retains primary rights to The Incredibles' characters, including the ability to introduce theme-park attractions based on them.

'Simpsons' Producers Shelve Movie Version Until 2008
The long anticipated movie version of The Simpsons has been put off until at least 2008 because those connected with the TV show don't want work on the movie to affect it, exec producer Al Jean has told Entertainment Weekly. "The biggest thing is you don't want to do a movie that's not reflective of the quality of the show, and you don't want the quality of the show to slip because you're doing the movie. So we're taking a little time," Jean said.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 8th, 2004, 7:51 pm

Incredibles thing: I'm glad. I don't think they should make a sequel to that.
The simpsons thing: feh. I've lost all excitment for the simpsons movie. I haven't seen an episode of the simpsons in two or three seasons. They just... stopped being funny.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Guardstone » November 8th, 2004, 7:57 pm

I'm afraid The Incredibles are at a higher risk of becoming a cheaply animated television series. That would really suck!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 9th, 2004, 6:24 am

And you just know that THAT's gonna happen.

I'd expect a sequel in around three years, once Disney's done with their Toy Story 3.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 10th, 2004, 12:25 am

I don't know what's worse to think of --

Sequels to Pixar movies micro-managed by Disney executives,

OR

a Simpsons movie written by the current crop of that show's writers. Heck, even the Treehouse of Horror specials have been AWFUL the past 2 years!

I just know if I haven't gone senile by the time any of this comes to pass that I'll save my money for something else.

I kinda think that the sequel to Incredibles will never happen. By the time that gets into pre-production, the current superhero craze will be over.

People are forgetting that very few of these films are actually making an impact. Besides Spider-Man and X-Men (and to a less extent Blade), nothing's had staying power. We'll see what happens with Batman next year and Superman the year after -- but I honestly think we're over half done with these movies.

As much as I've liked superheroes in the past, the final product of most of these films leads me to believe that the best way to enjoy these stories are in the Marvel and DC Comics reprints... With the exception of Sam Raimi, most of the people involved in producing, writing, and directing these films have no passion for the subject. The final films lead me to believe that they're embarrassed by the characters and feel the need to sex up or camp up the films when it's not necessary.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Incredibles DVD

Post by SPACEHERO55 » December 8th, 2004, 4:44 am

Hey folks I just read an article with Incredibles film score composer Michael Giacchino where he had some information on the DVD. Heres that info.

"He also did some extra work for the upcoming Incredibles DVD. "I wrote some music for the extras, the deleted scenes. I know they did a lot of stuff on that DVD. Supposedly it's going to be one of the most entertaining DVDs coming out and no one is saying much about it other than that."

Unlike some of the Pixar releases in the past, don't expect any superhero outtakes on this one. "No, I don't believe there's any of that... There's some changed stuff... There's some great things... I know that some of the stuff I wrote music to, I didn't really get a good look at... They're not saying much of anything. I know bits and pieces, but not enough to really tell you anything. It will be a surprise for me and my kids too. Believe me, my kids are badgering me as much as you are..."

Oh man those news have sooo many possibilities. Im hoping for a short sort of like "Mike's New Car" from Monsters Inc. where it takes place after The Film and has the entire family fighting some new villian. I know theres gonna be some new animation on the DVD.

The Monsters Inc DVD had a whole bunch of new animation. There was the "Outtakes" and "Mike's New Car" there was also the full "Put that thing back where it came from or so help me" Company Play and there is also the Monster TV Treats and there is also "On the Job with Mike and Sulley" Thats a lot of new animation just for the DVD and Im hoping that The Incredibles gets the same treatment. There is already Incredibles TV treats that air on Starz and Disney Channel. Im sure those will be on the DVD. Im hoping for a new short on the DVD and from the sound of it the deleated scenes are finished ones why else would they bother with scoring them with new music. I have no doubt that The Incredibles DVD will be phenominal Pixar always puts out amazing DVD's and from what Michael Giacchino says in the interview it is gonna be an awsome dvd. I cant wait for it.

Ronald C
Im a Superhero, what could happen?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

"The Incredibles" DVD Artwork

Post by Jens » December 10th, 2004, 2:54 pm

Here ya go, first look at both the Cover and Disc art:

http://www.disneydatabase.com/news_more.php?id=72
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 10th, 2004, 3:22 pm

Thank you very much! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » December 10th, 2004, 5:11 pm

I have a question.

On the main page it says that the release date is February 28 (which i believe is a monday and most dvd's come out on tuesday or sometimes fridays) but i havnt heard anything about that, when was that announced?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » December 10th, 2004, 5:40 pm

That's an error in our system. I have set the date to March 2004, but he always automaticly picks the last day of the previous month when only a month and a year is set. The DVD should arrive late March, but I can't really set a date on it yet... I'll fix it soon, sorry for the inconvienence!

[EDIT] The problem is fixed. Thanks for reporting it!
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!