SPIDEY 4 becomes AMAZING becomes Marvel's SPIDER-MAN

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: SPIDEY 4 becomes AMAZING SPIDER MAN

Post by Dan » June 13th, 2015, 2:14 pm

And what do you know, the two studios are butting heads already. Reading between the lines, Marvel is getting frustrated with the way Sony's moving along with casting: They still haven't found their Spidey and top front-runner Asa Butterfield (Hugo, Ender's Game) appears to be out. With the belief that Marvel wants to include Spidey in Civil War, they really want Sony to move their butts in getting Spidey cast (since Sony gets to make the call per their agreement).

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 13th, 2015, 2:20 pm

And what exactly does Sony gain from this, since they won't actually be making the films?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 13th, 2015, 8:19 pm

Money.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » July 8th, 2015, 3:28 pm

So it is being reported that playing Aunt May will be Marisa Tomei.

Source: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/maris ... 201536080/

That's gonna be one hot Aunt May. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 8th, 2015, 6:54 pm

After a Sony summer that promises to include Goosebumps and Hotel Transylvania 2, and with Ghostbustresses on the horizon, the issue of how much money they'll have left to sink into their Spiderman Rescue Operation is going to be a big one.
They've got their punitive peace treaty with Marvel overseeing the project, but it's not going to overcome the big problem most audiences had with ASM2, namely that they felt it was fork-time after Raimi left. I'm all for Incredible Hulk-style Marvel-approved reboots just to get things back in the company, but there's very little about the Raimi films that need fixing, except for importing the wisecracks from the Webb film.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 9th, 2015, 12:20 am

Marisa Tomei?

Marisa Tomei?

No matter how many times I say it, I can't get my head around it.

Aunt May can be a vibrant senior. I can accept that. But a hottie? Granted, younger folk may think she's old, but she's just a few years older than me!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 10th, 2015, 4:32 pm

I'm assuming the plan is to make the character younger?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2015, 7:15 pm

Yeah, he's going to be a real teenage Spidey, not yet having left school.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 13th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Supposed "plans" for the doomed ASM 3:

http://www.avclub.com/article/marc-webb ... -al-222136

http://screenrant.com/amazing-spider-ma ... urrection/

My gut feeling is telling me that Leary was at least partly joking here...but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't. :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 8th, 2016, 11:46 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 8th, 2016, 3:50 pm

Personally I like the idea of not being able to see him before the movie, creative or deal-sensitive reasons aside. No doubts several images will make their way on the net before the actual premier.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 8th, 2016, 5:13 pm

It definitely sounds like the legal department wrangling over "Promotional" ownership rights, now that poster representation has become the "new salary" of Hollywood.
But, if there's someone living under a rock who doesn't know Spidey 3.0 is going to show up in Civil War, so much the better. I didn't know there was going to be all those Black Panther setups in Avengers 2, which is more than can be said for Marvel nervously promoting Panther's "surprise" appearance in Civil War, just so that we'll know who he is.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 8th, 2016, 1:19 pm

As noted on the front, Disney Channel star Zendaya becomes the first to be cast after Tom Holland for the upcoming Spider-Man reboot. Reports are that she's playing a character named Michele and most have deduced that it is likely she'll be playing Michele Gonzales.

A post-Brand New Day character, Michele was temporarily Petey's roommate and a criminal defense attorney. While there had been hints of her being a possible love interest, her fiery temper and low opinion of him often made it difficult for them to get along. Instances include her literally dividing the apartment and destroying anything of his that happened to be on "her" side after a heated exchange with one of his co-workers as well as selling his clothes to pay for his part of the rent. She was only in New York long enough to help her police brother Vin through legal troubles and once they had been completed she returned home to Chicago and hasn't really been heard from since.

Since the reboot finds Petey back in high school, we're likely getting a younger version of Michele, if this is indeed the character they'll be using.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 8th, 2016, 6:13 pm

Also, one of the reasons TASM had to use Gwen (and why that weird F4 movie happened) is that they still likely have to distance themselves from anything too established by the previous versions for legal wrangling. Like MJ, for example, or J. Jonah Jameson being reduced to just a reference line in TASM2.

With 3.0, they're obviously running low on girlfriends, unless they want to explore that unrequited crush a high-school Jessica Jones had on Peter...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 8th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Except that...Mary Jane Watson scenes were filmed for TASM 2, and by all accounts the plan was to use her in the third film, so...