Finding Dory

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Finding Nemo 2 (yes it's real)

Post by Josh » April 2nd, 2013, 11:57 pm

Haha, I wish I were half as clever as Stanton. But thanks, Vi. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » April 3rd, 2013, 7:39 am

So, it's real. I have mixed feelings about this, but some of them are..interesting to say the least.

I think this is a sign that Pixar is finally embracing the financial positives sequels bring, as if Cars 2 didn't already showcase such an idea. Here, with Finding Dory, I'm worried that this idea is strong enough to hold up an entire film. Honestly it reminds me more of those terrible direct-to-video sequels Disney did for 15 years than a future Pixar Classic.

That being said, 11 of Pixar's films are unconditional masterpieces to me, so maybe I should hold out some faith especially if Monsters University is as clever as it's marketing campaign. Still, count me as one of the many that are worried about this film, as it just feels like the kind of obvious cash grab Pixar is usually above.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 3rd, 2013, 4:39 pm

Toy Story 2.

Toy Story 3.

Pixar gets the benefit of the doubt.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 3rd, 2013, 5:54 pm

Unfortunately in Hollywood money is the bottom line. Disney bought Pixar to enhance their artistic reputation but more than anything to rake in the big bucks. Since Finding Nemo won the Oscar and was also a box office smash, it's logical for Disney to expect a sequel, even if it goes against Pixar's artistic ethic. Disney made sequels to many of its classic films, and now that Pixar is part of the Disney family, this sequel is to be expected.
Disney merchindises Tinker Bell, the Princesses as well as other much loved characters, so there's no reason for them not to merchandise Nemo and Dory further. Bob Iger spent 4.7 billion dollars on Pixar and he wants to see as much of that money back as possible. Of course, since this is Pixar it's more than likely that we'll see quality product. But, unfortunately, no matter what, it's still product. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2013, 6:17 pm

The thing is though that a Nemo sequel isn't even really news. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading that Pixar was interested in doing one as far back as when the movie was still in theaters.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by TitusTodd » April 9th, 2013, 1:55 am

Ellen DeGeneres introduces Finding Dory (or better yet - it was announced here - as I knew it must be but didn't see it before). So, no, Finding Nemo 2 is not real because it will be called Finding Dory. :P Yes, I know...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 16th, 2013, 12:02 pm

While I have no hope that Monsters Uni will be anything more than a perfectly adequate knockabout comedy, I just don't see the need for a Nemo sequel. My one hope here is that Stanton is on board, and so there will be a line of consistency, but my fear is that Stanton is on board purely to get another crack at a live-action movie. Nemo was all tied up at the end of the first film: Finding Dory just feels like it's being made for some other reason than that they found a really great story.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 16th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Also, that story was kinda covered in a comic a couple of years ago (just saw an ad for it), called "Losing Dory," where some of her family allegedly shows up.

http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Nemo-Losi ... 1608866092

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... ew&id=2679
I have to hand it to Michael Raicht, Brian Smith, and Jake Myler. Several times when I was reading the latest issue of "Finding Nemo," I thought to myself, "I bet Pixar wishes they'd thought of this for a sequel first."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 17th, 2013, 5:01 am

Ha!

Bet they don't even get a Story credit! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Finding Dory

Post by ShyViolet » September 19th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Article on new voice actor for (child) Nemo:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/n ... story.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 20th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Seems that link requires a subscription to read. At least that's what I'm getting when I click on it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 20th, 2015, 5:50 pm

For some reason it's working for me. Sorry didn't realize it wouldn't work for everyone! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 31st, 2015, 9:38 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 9th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Profile of Andrew Stanton in LA times:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mo ... story.html

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 9th, 2016, 7:35 pm

Buzz has been very strong for this. Seems Pixar has another winner.