Disney Movie Rewards

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney Movie Rewards

Post by Ben » October 26th, 2015, 5:07 am

Rocketeer didn't get a slip (or any real love at all, despite that gorgeous transfer). :(

Generally, the DMR images are pretty spot on...if it looks like a slip I've gotten a slip, if it looks like a DVD case and not a BD (they do often have both kinds) then you'll get a DVD case.

Bottom line is that these are all "free". I've often cursed the fact I pick up my Disney titles early and then find a good deal of them turning up on DMR! My one wish would be that they go back to linking with the Movie Club and offer their exclusive DVD and now BD titles through the program as they used to, especially as these releases are mostly for hard fans anyway, being simple HD picture upgrades without any extras and often lossy soundtracks. Good way to maybe issue the 40s Package Features, too, since they don't look to be getting a decent regular release...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 26th, 2015, 9:37 am

I have not seen a slip for Rocketeer.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 26th, 2015, 10:54 am

As someone who examined the pictures provided for the discs very carefully before ordering, I can safely say that not all discs have slips even when the images make it look like they do. ;)

Even worse, Fantastic Four: The Animated Series came bent and damaged. If it hadn't been "free," I probably would've been entitled to a refund.

It's great that the discs are free, but when I have to save up roughly ten or twelve discs' worth of points to get a title (all purchased at full price), I at least want for my item to arrive in good condition.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 26th, 2015, 4:51 pm

I think the difference I was trying to say is that they're generally quite good on if the cover is a DVD or BD size case.

Slips are a different thing: you'll get them if the stock is still from the original pressing, but not if the slips are OOP after the first pressing has sold out, just like at Amazon, etc. The images will usually have been from when they added the title (with a slip) but when they're run out, they're run out.

At least with the case sizes you can see what you will get. When I ordered my Blus I knew there was a chance they wouldn't have slips, and wasn't bothered for the titles they were, but was pleasantly surprised.

(You don't have to pay full price to use the codes...the same code works if it's full price or at a discount, or are you talking about Movie Club purchases? Also, if you have a damaged item, you should contact them to get a replacement immediately. You have, in effect, put something of "value" - your loyalty points - toward something that would not be sold in that condition from new, and so you should receive the item in an as new condition.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 21st, 2015, 6:12 pm

Not sure if it's genuine or Disney-commissioned, but a new step in Disney's Ghibli marketing connection aside from the movies/disks:
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/re ... coin-purse :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 21st, 2015, 7:37 pm

I'm not sure if *this* is genuine, but this just popped in my mailbox (the points have been removed by me, that's not a sign of fakeness). In all other respects it looks like the real deal...
Dear Ben,

Your XXXX points balance is scheduled to EXPIRE unless you take immediate action TODAY.

Keeping your account active is easy:
• Enter a Magic Code from a Blu-ray™ or DVD
• Get a digital movie on DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com
• Redeem your points for a reward
• See an eligible movie in theatres

For reference, we've provided your login ID below:

• xxxx(at)xxxx.com
• Expiration Date: 12/21/2015

Your Friends At,
Disney Movie Rewards
So...what the heck? It's not like my account has been dormant (I just added Toy Story Time Forgot and Inside Out this week!), and not like I don't redeem points very often (did two fairly large claims this summer, including the Jim Shore Frozen figures), so why are they pestering like this out of the blue all of a sudden?

I can always redeem points for something but I do feel like I'm being forced into doing so. Anyone else had a message like this? Is it a one time only deal or has anyone had anything recurring along these lines?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 21st, 2015, 11:13 pm

I got the same message. It's stupid. Seems like Disney may be tired of giving away free stuff so this is a way to make sure they see a "profit" from the program.

I never entered my code for Disney Shorts, so that may solve it on my end. There are five and even zero point rewards that may solve it on your side, but I feel I should contact them on this. Either way, the 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family has a magic code a day, so that may also work.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 22nd, 2015, 12:04 am

I got it too. Seems to be legit. They changed their Terms and Conditions this month. However, the period of time given to keep active is 210 days, but we've all redeemed or entered since then, it seems. I would guess the e-mail was sent out to too many people in error.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 22nd, 2015, 3:18 am

Got the same thing too, even though I'd entered both summer movie tickets in May and July, and the Aladdin disk in October. :?

Of course, I haven't bought anything with my points in months, so I got a movie ticket voucher and a few more sweepstakes entries, just in case. Not taking any chances with whatever the heck they meant by that letter.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 22nd, 2015, 9:48 am

I redeemed an Aladdin clip, which used no points, but maybe does the trick too.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 22nd, 2015, 12:14 pm

I have the Mickey printable posters on my list, so I'll use them on that. It's odd that we all added or redeemed points very recently and still got this. I would maybe think of these printables too, Rand - it does say to redeem points for a reward and just watching the clip for no points might not work. The printables (they have a Goofy selection too) are only five points, so I may go for both options just to be sure. Not great customer relations, though: I'll be interested to hear what Dacey gets back if he does make contact with DMR.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 22nd, 2015, 6:17 pm

From Facebook...
Dear Friends,

We are aware that some of you received an email alerting you that your points are about to expire. We are looking into the matter and will provide an update to all affected guests as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Disney Movie Rewards

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 23rd, 2015, 4:30 am

Thanks for posting that Dacey.

Phew...so it looks like an error. Hopefully they'll send out a follow-up that clarifies the situation and puts users at ease.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 23rd, 2015, 11:13 pm

The latest FB post from DMR:
Dear Friends,

We are aware that some of you may have inadvertently received a point expiration email on November 21, 2015. We regret any confusion this email may have caused and we are looking into the matter further.

To ensure your account is active and your points are not about to expire, please log into your account at http://www.DisneyMovieRewards.com, and select "My DMR" from the navigation bar at the top of the page. Points will remain active for 210 consecutive days from the last time points were added or used on your account. For more information on how to keep your account and point balance active, be sure to review our Terms & Conditions, Section F.5.

If you still have questions or concerns, please visit DisneyStudiosHelp.com, contact us via email, or call us at 866-246-8646 Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Central time. Please note we are closed for the holiday November 26-27, 2015.

Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Disney Movie Rewards
So, they're not sure where that Nov. 21 date came from, but the 210 days rule is in effect. No problem for most of us!

Also:
Hi Friends,
Thank you for your comments and queries. If you placed an order because you were concerned your points were going to expire, please call us at the number above and we will be happy to cancel your order. ~Penny

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 24th, 2015, 1:03 pm

Nice. Just got this update via email, but thanks for posting here.

Luckily I didn't put an order in, though I may still nab those printables for the images.

:)