YouTube Goodness

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by ShyViolet » January 31st, 2016, 6:12 am

No prob Ben! Glad you enjoyed it. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 29th, 2016, 9:59 am

Jurassic Park, if made by DisneyNature!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » April 23rd, 2016, 8:21 pm

You may feel old and angry after watching this:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 24th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Dan wrote:You may feel old and angry after watching this:
No, even watching the cartoons in the 90's, I was pretty much aware they wouldn't last twenty years. Don't blame the kids for not remembering Daria, it's your own fault for watching it. And I'm savoring the utter bottom score for Tiny Toons.
They do, however, remember Captain Planet--We won't forget that one in a hurry. And those who watched X-Men:TAS remembered it. 8)
Last edited by EricJ on April 24th, 2016, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 24th, 2016, 8:32 pm

(double post, and wasn't even worth the extra joke about Daria being "One of those MTV things...?")

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » April 24th, 2016, 10:15 pm

And thank you for not playing along with the fun.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 25th, 2016, 12:01 am

Maybe it's because I was in my 20s when these 1990s shows aired (and I did watch -- and enjoyed! -- most of 'em) .. but this didn't make me feel particularly older, or even angry.

I suspect that if a bunch of teen-agers had been corralled in the mid-1990s, and asked to identify the theme songs from popular cartoon shows which aired when they were infants/toddlers (say, Super Friends, Captain Caveman, or even any of the Schoolhouse Rock songs) -- there probably would've been a similar percentage of correct responses. :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 25th, 2016, 12:38 am

Thing is, it's also about whether they remember the SHOW at all--
As for other 90's shows, I'm sure no one would remember the theme song from The Tick (da-da-dwee-dow), but everyone would sing along with "Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain..." Now, ask them to remember an episode...

Rugrats seems to be the most remembered because it was the most commercial, and Recess because it was on the networks, but the 90's came in between the mainstream commercial toons of the 80's, and the loud cable psychedelia of the 00's, and had the good and bad parts of each to be not enough of the other.
You'd probably find more kids who remember Thundercats from the 80's than remember Animaniacs from the 90's, and that includes those who weren't alive during the 80's.

----

Getting back on the YouTube clips, the classic Alamo Drafthouse No-Cellphone PSA....
And enforced particularly strictly if you happen to be watching Force Awakens:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 25th, 2016, 5:21 am

Hysterical they didn't guess Tiny Toons even though the title is sung three times!

And "Bubba Bo Bob Brain" remains one of the funniest episodes of Pinky And The Brain, for the record.

It took me until halfway through before I realised that fake Alamo voicemail was supposed to be Darth Vader. Right?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 25th, 2016, 1:56 pm

Ben wrote:Hysterical they didn't guess Tiny Toons even though the title is sung three times!
Over on the anime boards, there was a discussion about a Warner Animation vet recalling how "Pokemon killed Warner Animation", not just with popularity, but the fact that it later became easier for syndicated toon shows to dub an existing show than write and produce their own.
Which led to a discussion about whether anyone actually remembers Buster, Wakko or the Brain today, and if not, why not. As it turned out, even those on our boards who did remember them aren't really sure why.
The toons being Spielberg-produced led to a grownup-West-coast-gagwriter obsession with pop-celebrity, Hollywood-industry and media-culture gags, and those expire faster than a day old loaf of bread.
Ben wrote:It took me until halfway through before I realised that fake Alamo voicemail was supposed to be Darth Vader. Right?
Er, some say "No", and some say "DEFINITELY not..." :?
(Note the Force Awakens reference in the setup.)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 25th, 2016, 2:07 pm

Given how many times a certain Prince joke has been repeated on the internet lately, I think it's pretty safe to say that Animaniacs is pretty well remembered.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » April 26th, 2016, 9:50 pm

I saw that Animaniacs/Prince joke in my Facebook feed and I cannot believe that got past the censors. Well done creators.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 27th, 2016, 7:19 pm

"I don't think so."

Was it that one? Amazing. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 15th, 2016, 8:40 am

In fond memory of Janet Waldo, here's a 'super-cut' appropriately titled "Judy Jetson loves dudes" ..

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 21st, 2016, 6:09 pm

Short but sweet:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."