X-Men Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: X-Men Movies Thread

Post by ShyViolet » October 18th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Some more details on Logan. Also an attempt to understand all the timelines and how they fit together. (!!)

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/10/17/ ... ontinuity/
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 19th, 2016, 5:09 am

That After Credits spoof kind of explains perfectly why the film series should take a break now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 20th, 2016, 11:32 am

Loved the Logan trailer!! Hopefully a great Wolverine movie can keep the franchise going! (Note to self: see The Wolverine!) :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 20th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Ben wrote:That After Credits spoof kind of explains perfectly why the film series should take a break now.
Where, so I don't have to watch the whole thing?
(Just recently I was blogging on the industry's mutual confusion between movies and TV--While cable and streaming TV want to be "cinematic", movies now want to be running TV series, and by trying to push their feet in the door with after-credit sequel teases, are basically saying "Tune in next year, for our next exciting episode!")

And yeah, seems like the solo-Wolverine canon to do comic movies in the "real" world outside the X-canon has turned the usual mutant-hunting future dystopias into No Country For Old Man Logan, because it's cheaper.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » October 21st, 2016, 1:01 am

ShyViolet wrote:Loved the Logan trailer!! Hopefully a great Wolverine movie can keep the franchise going! (Note to self: see The Wolverine!) :)
The Wolverine falls apart in the final battle, and Viper is all kinds of annoying when she should be all kinds of menacing. But the Yukio and Mariko stuff is great.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 26th, 2016, 5:56 pm

Interview with the woman who played Magneto's wife in Apocalypse:

http://www.heyuguys.com/x-men-apocalyps ... interview/

BTW Ben if/when you do see Apocalypse could you post your opinion here? Thanks! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 26th, 2016, 7:07 pm

ShyViolet wrote:BTW Ben if/when you do see Apocalypse could you post your opinion here? Thanks! :)
I already saw it--was planning to miss it in theaters, so I'd have something to rent in 3-D later.
But unfortunately, someone else already posted the joke about Singer coming up with script reason not to bother with the makeup or costumes for the returning actors for most of the entire first half of the movie. (Ie. Fassbender, Lawrence, Till and Hoult, who probably had it in their contract, unlike the poor Storm and Nightcrawler newbies, which made it seem more like freshman-hazing)--
Which makes the whole scenes with "Uh, yeah, we're Mystique, Magneto and Beast, guess you probably couldn't tell..." seem more like a filmed script reading until the actual battle scenes.

That said, at the end of the movie, by the time James McAvoy actually IS the bald Professor, he rocks the original print-comic's nerdy-suit-and-tie print-comic image, and the hand-to-the-psychic-head pose, in ways even Patrick Stewart couldn't come close to. :shock:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 27th, 2016, 5:31 am

ShyViolet wrote:BTW Ben if/when you do see Apocalypse could you post your opinion here? Thanks! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 27th, 2016, 1:21 pm

EricJ wrote:

That said, at the end of the movie, by the time James McAvoy actually IS the bald Professor, he rocks the original print-comic's nerdy-suit-and-tie print-comic image, and the hand-to-the-psychic-head pose, in ways even Patrick Stewart couldn't come close to. :shock:
Yes, Macavoy's performance during the last half hour of the film was absolutely brilliant.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 27th, 2016, 8:52 pm

What if X2 was a grim Wolverine movie?

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1577380 ... ogan-style

Excellent fake trailer! For real! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 27th, 2016, 10:03 pm

X2 certainly looks better as a heterosexual movie. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 14th, 2016, 10:56 am

Almost certainly looking at some kind of total reboot or "reconfiguration." (Whatever that means. :roll: )

And Singer's not coming back, probably ever.
:( :( :( :( Bummer!!!!!!!

Guess we can kiss the chance of a Singer/Mister Sinister film goodbye forever. MAJOR bummer!!!! :cry:

http://collider.com/next-x-men-movie-br ... n-kinberg/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 14th, 2016, 7:54 pm

Meanwhile, some of us are relieved. They just need to move away from Kinberg now (with all due respect to some good scripts), so that the series can have a proper re-start. I'd love to see a movie without Rogue and Magneto in it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 15th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Ditto on Magneto. But I'd have loved to see what Kinberg/Singer could have done with a villain like Sinister.
:|

FYI: New Logan poster!

http://nerdist.com/the-new-logan-intern ... e-stories/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 24th, 2016, 1:01 pm