X-Men Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: X-Men Movies Thread

Post by ShyViolet » December 7th, 2016, 10:51 pm

According to this MovieWeb article Bryan Singer is "believed" to be returning for the X-film that will, according to Simon Kinberg, take place in the 1990s. Please oh please! :). I absolutely loved seeing young Cyclops, Jean, QuickSilver and Storm in their proper costumes about to
do battle in the Danger Room at the end of Apocalypse!
They (especially Storm and QuickSilver) looked so, so awesome.

A certain X-film (possibly New Mutants or Gambit) is set to begin shooting in Summer 2017. Or it could be the 90s X-film. No one knows at this point. :|

http://movieweb.com/x-men-7-production- ... w-mutants/

EDIT: Very unsure on the Singer returning. It could just be a mistake since every other site has reported that he's not coming back. But who really knows at this point. They're also supposed to be rebooting the entire series but there's been scant information on that as well.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 14th, 2016, 4:55 pm

Michael Fassbender to come back?

http://moviepilot.com/p/michael-fassben ... to/4168248

More speculation, no real certainty yet unfortunately. Ahhhhh! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 13th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Rumors of X-Men 7/Dark Pheonix/1990s period film abound. Singer apparently not returning, but Simon Kinberg rumored to be writing script. The young X-Men (Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler) from Apocalypse possibly returning.

Legion (Xavier's insane son) series being executive produced by Singer. Patrick Stewart to possibly make an appearance.
Getting very good buzz.

Logan film (last Wolverine movie) getting extremely good buzz.

X-Force and New Mutants films both in the works.

Gambit film stuck in development hell, but still coming along.

Gathered all this info from different websites, some of it definitely not 100% sure, so should generally be taken with a grain of salt. But all sounds pretty exciting. :)
(Still wish Singer was returning to direct, and although it's not impossible, he's currently working on directing other projects right now.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 20th, 2017, 7:49 am

Absolutely awesome Logan 2nd trailer!!! :)

https://youtu.be/XaE_9pfybL4

Like I said in the previous post, getting extremely good buzz.

FYI: two f-bombs. (One from Patrick Stewart!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 20th, 2017, 12:33 pm

(Warning: another X-Men semi-rant!). Lol. ;)

Much as I am looking forward to Logan I think this is kind of ridiculous. Despite the name, Mr. Sinister (aka Nathanial Essex) could easily be integrated into a "real world" type X-Men movie, even a standalone. With all the current talk of how future experiments/procedures could give us control of genetics, how can a character like that not be integrated here? (Plus he doesn't have to appear in his full costume; in the comics he was able to change his appearance into human form. Kind of a letdown (as well as an unnecessary swipe at comic book characters). :roll:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/th ... er-a148306

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 20th, 2017, 5:00 pm

ShyViolet wrote:(Warning: another X-Men semi-rant!). Lol. ;)
Much as I am looking forward to Logan I think this is kind of ridiculous. Despite the name, Mr. Sinister (aka Nathanial Essex) could easily be integrated into a "real world" type X-Men movie, even a standalone. With all the current talk of how future experiments/procedures could give us control of genetics, how can a character like that not be integrated here? (Plus he doesn't have to appear in his full costume; in the comics he was able to change his appearance into human form. Kind of a letdown (as well as an unnecessary swipe at comic book characters). :roll:
Uh, how about, "Fox's stopped giving into Bryan Singer's 'blackmail' bluffs of putting ungreenlit sequel-teases into the post-credit sequences, which is how they ended up stuck with Apocalypse in the first place."

("Look! Could that be Dark Phoenix I see on the horizon?..."
"No it couldn't, Bryan, now shaddup, we're not giving you any more!") :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 20th, 2017, 6:35 pm

As I said in the earlier post there are currently many rumors of a Dark Phoenix film floating around.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.outerp ... ent=safari

And Fox wouldn't let themselves be "blackmailed" by a director, especially because they have the final say in the marketing/planning. They obviously have had and still have some kind of plan when it comes to to these films. The "Essex" clip after the end credits of Apocalypse obviously meant something, but none of us currently know what. Some thought Sinister would appear in Logan, and apparently he isn't, but that doesn't mean the Essex clip as well as the Phoenix references in Apocalypse mean nothing. None of us know much yet; we'll discover it in time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 25th, 2017, 4:22 pm

Bryan Singer to direct first ep of a new X-Men TV series!!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x- ... xs-a148458

:) :) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 25th, 2017, 4:49 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Bryan Singer to direct first ep of a new X-Men TV series!!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x- ... xs-a148458
And we pretty much know what THAT confirms: :lol:
Ever since the first '00 movie, Fox had a contractual lockdown on any competing TV version of the X-Men, so the movie franchise wouldn't be cheapened by the time the sequels came out. (As turned out to be the case with Men in Black and Ghostbusters' cartoon series.)
That's not only the reason we got the skirting "Legion" spinoff and that Marvel-produced not-really-Xavier "Mutant X" series in the 00's (remember that one?), it's also the reason why the post-movie Warner "X-Men Evolution" and "Wolverine & the X-Men" cartoons were forced to do off-canon alternate universes.

Remember, Fox wouldn't allow a series while the movies were in theaters...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 17th, 2017, 7:51 pm

Apparently, Logan is "the best X-Men film since 2003."

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/2/17/14 ... kman-x-men

FYI: Spoilers

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 19th, 2017, 5:17 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 21st, 2017, 9:44 pm

Strong rumors of Simon Kinberg possibly making his directorial debut with the next X-Men film (most likely Dark Phoenix).

http://www.slashfilm.com/simon-kinberg- ... men-movie/

And Singer to direct first ep of the new X-Men series. Glad these guys are staying close to the franchise. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 22nd, 2017, 4:49 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 24th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Very interesting interview with Simon Kinberg; he has very good insight into the flaws of Apocalypse. :)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/39157 ... a#/slide/1

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2017, 7:42 pm

Brutal. Bloody. Brilliant.

Logan (or "Wolverine Vs... ;)") is everything you want it to be. Best X-Movie since X2, maybe DOFP.

There are a couple of loopy instances of the kind that usually nark me, but they're fairly easily overlooked since the film knows exactly what it is, and wants to be, and pulls it off, on all levels, pretty spectacularly.

Yep, this is certainly Jackman and Stewart's swansong, and nigh-on perfect it is too!