Kung Fu Panda

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Kung Fu Panda

Post by Dan » May 3rd, 2017, 10:12 pm

I would imagine he got lucky with a 2 year sentence given that the max he could've gotten was 25. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 3rd, 2017, 11:22 pm

Sure, but also 3M in restitution!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by merienn » December 17th, 2017, 6:53 am

1 and 2 were great. The art direction, computer graphics, shading and colors were top notch.It was quite immersive for me.. I'm looking for some kind of similar movie .
I hope you guys can help me out with finding movies similar to Kung Fu Panda
I found some recommendations on the sites https://bestsimilar.com/movies/38922-kung-fu-panda-3 and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2267968/?ref_=nv_sr_1

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 19th, 2022, 3:20 pm

Kung Fu Panda 4 gets release date: March 8, 2024. As I've said before, I'm totally up for another! One of my most favorite franchise.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 19th, 2022, 3:49 pm

I feel the same, Daniel. A uniquely wonderful movie universe that actually seems to get better as it goes along. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 19th, 2022, 5:49 pm

I think I still need to see the third one!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Evergreen » August 21st, 2022, 7:12 pm

I'm so happy they've finally announced another one. I admit the third one was on the weaker side, but I loved the first two. Hopefully this one will have less focus on all the panda village and more on Po's group of fighters again.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 28th, 2023, 6:47 pm

No footage was shown during CinemaCon, but Jack Black described the plot:
Po will now be deciding who will be the next Dragon Warrior, as he’s receiving his own promotion as the highest master of the Valley of Peace. In planning his succession, Po meets a female Fox warrior named Chen. They don’t get along at first but must learn how to put their differences aside in order to travel into the city for the first time ever and face the Chameleon, a sorceress who can summon every single villain from past films back from the dead. Po and the next Dragon Warrior to be must face every single one of the franchise’s big baddies in order to defeat the Chameleon, who’s the most powerful of them all.
Genuinely clever way of bringing back characters. Gives me No Way Home vibes... except only villains. Sounds so awesome. The thought of more Tai Lung! I'm totally hyped!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 2nd, 2023, 5:44 pm

Daniel wrote:
April 28th, 2023, 6:47 pm

Genuinely clever way of bringing back characters. Gives me No Way Home vibes... except only villains. Sounds so awesome. The thought of more Tai Lung! I'm totally hyped!
Yes, more Tai Lung would be awesome! :). It would also be really cool if they revealed his true origins. I mean, who left him on Shi Fu’s doorstep in the first place?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 2nd, 2023, 6:06 pm

Bit of a random explanation for bringing them back, but, y'know, whatever's needed to create maximum jeopardy. Guess it’ll work. Might be cool if it turned out Tai was left by…the Chameleon…! Would that even work? Dun-dun-duuuuuun! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 3rd, 2023, 6:39 am

Po meets a female Fox warrior...They don’t get along at first but must learn how to put their differences aside in order to travel into the city for the first time ever
The first lesson in working for DreamWorks is learning how to write that unironically.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2023, 6:51 am

Bet they pick up all new differences once they’re in the city, and then work out they’re not so different after all…just in time for the third act. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 3rd, 2023, 2:42 pm

The number 4 in Chinese is nearly homophonous to the word "death" and this deals with bringing back past foes from the dead. Doubt intentional but cool connection!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2023, 6:57 pm

Shh! They’ll pick up on that stroke of unintended genius and say it was their plan all along! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 13th, 2023, 9:55 am