Incredibles 2

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Incredibles 2

Post by Ben » April 14th, 2015, 7:33 pm

Ugh...now I just hope it's not Meet The Super-Grandparents...!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » April 15th, 2015, 5:10 am

I remember Mark Waid wrote an Incredibles comic series a few years back (taking place after the events of the Rise of the Underminer video game). The villains were pretty silly, but I do remember appreciating some of the character dynamics. They even introduced Xerek (the original villain of the movie), but I think the series stopped before he did anything much.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sid Philips » April 16th, 2015, 9:59 pm

Of Course Brad Bird will direct Incredibles 2. Pixar doesn't have anyone else who could direct it. None of the caliber of Brad Bird.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 11th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Very happy Brad Bird was confirmed as director. :). And with Inside Out coming out soon Pixar is once more in top form.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LastActionHero » June 2nd, 2015, 11:53 am

I might have some different opinion.
I think this movie should be a prequel.
What was their origin? How did they get superpowers?
Who was the first superhero?.. There is a HUGE chance of making a story here.
It starts with Mr. Incredible's birth, and ends with Violet's birth.
A good CFO can develop actionable data to inform decision-making - Maureen O'Connell Scholastic

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 2nd, 2015, 12:16 pm

Nice idea. Or how about, as with The Godfather Part II that it's both prequel *sequel*, mirroring the story somehow with the rise of the new supervillain with that of the first superhero or Mr Incredible?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 26th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Yayyyyyyy!! Can't believe it will be coming out a year early!!! Yes yes yes!!! :) :) :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 27th, 2016, 5:35 am

Screw that! They're making more Muppet Babies! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Incredibles 2

Post by James » February 13th, 2018, 1:05 am

I got a new large-format printer this week and was looking for something to test it out with. We reported on a new poster for Incredibles 2 today and I thought that might be cool to try out. Unfortunately it looks like whoever saved it did so at a low quality setting. It's covered in artifacts and just looks terrible. I tried to find a better version but had no luck -- this is the version Pixar posted to their social media accounts! What's going on with the standards over in Emeryville! ;)

Anyway, while watching the Olympics I decided to try to clean it up a bit. Here it is for anyone else who might want a good copy!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 13th, 2018, 1:21 am

On another topic, apparently the title is "Incredibles 2" and not "The Incredibles 2"? Disney's page lists it one way but Pixar's the other.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 22nd, 2018, 5:52 pm

James wrote:On another topic, apparently the title is "Incredibles 2" and not "The Incredibles 2"? Disney's page lists it one way but Pixar's the other.
Uh-oh: When movie sequel/franchise titles lose their proper grammatical articles, it's usually a sign of too many rewrites...

(One of my official movie-rules, along with the "'Jewel of the Nile' Rule": If characters are happily married, particularly at the end of the first movie, the sequel, to try and up the ante, will try and give them marital troubles, have them start arguing, and on the verge of breaking up.
Which is a bit less fun to sit through, and an unemployed, five-o-clock-shadowed Mr. Incredible, dealing with a villain who wants to hire Mrs. I, is not going to help the relationship any.)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 22nd, 2018, 7:17 pm

Brad Bird wrote the script, so...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 22nd, 2018, 8:36 pm

EricJ wrote:When movie sequel/franchise titles lose their proper grammatical articles, it's usually a sign of too many rewrites...
Okay, seriously. W. T. F. !!?!

That’s just dumb. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 23rd, 2018, 7:59 pm

Promo for Incredibles 2, just released today! Introduces brand new Supers! :)

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/traile ... redibles-2

(Also not that this really matters all that much, but I think there was another Incredibles 2 thread out there right? Could we maybe merge? Just asking! :) )

Oh, here it is:

viewtopic.php?t=4623

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 24th, 2018, 5:18 am

Thanks for the catch, Vi...done!