Dancing with the Stars - Disney Night Episode

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Dancing with the Stars - Disney Night Episode

Post by Dan » April 18th, 2014, 12:42 am

I got alerted to this past Monday's episode of Dancing with the Stars as the teams would be dancing to Disney songs. Watched it out of curiosity and was quite impressed with a few of the dance interpretations they did, specifically which style for which Disney theme.

Opening Group Dance

Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke dancing Quickstep to "Friend Like Me" from Aladdin

Charlie White and Sharna Burgess dancing Jazz to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from Mary Poppins

Danica McKellar and Val Chmerkovskiy dancing Quickstep to "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast

Amy Purdy and Derek Hough dancing Waltz to "So This is Love" from Cinderella

Cody Simpson and Witney Carson dancing Samba to "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" from The Lion King

NeNe Leaks and Tony Dovolani dancing Foxtrot to "Cruella de Vil" from One Hundred and One Dalmatians

James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd dancing Contemporary to "Let It Go" from Frozen

Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy dancing Samba to "I Wan'na Be Like You" from The Jungle Book

Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas dancing Samba to "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Dancing with the Stars - Disney Night Episode

Post by Daniel » October 9th, 2022, 3:03 pm

Songs have been revealed for this weeks Disney night:
D23 wrote: Joseph Baena and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a Charleston to “A Star Is Born” from Hercules
Selma Blair and pro Sasha Farber will perform a Quickstep to “The Muppet Show Theme” from The Muppet Show
Wayne Brady and pro Witney Carson will perform a Jazz routine to “Wait for It” from Hamilton
Sam Champion and pro Cheryl Burke will perform a Paso Doble to “The Greatest Show” from The Greatest Showman
Charli D’Amelio and pro Mark Ballas will perform a Jazz routine to “‘The Simpsons’ Main Title Theme” from The Simpsons
Heidi D’Amelio and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a Viennese Waltz to “Chim Chim Cher-ee” from Mary Poppins
Jessie James Decker and pro Alan Bersten will perform a Jive to “One Way or Another” from Hocus Pocus 2
Trevor Donovan and pro Emma Slater will perform a Samba to “Life Is a Highway” from Cars
Daniel Durant and pro Britt Stewart will perform a Quickstep to “Finally Free” from High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
Vinny Guadagnino and pro Koko Iwasaki will perform a Samba to “Il Gatto E La Volpe” from Luca
Shangela and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a Charleston to “Dig a Little Deeper” from The Princess and the Frog
Jordin Sparks and pro Brandon Armstrong will perform a Jazz routine to “Remember Me” from Coco
Gabby Windey and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Quickstep to “Mr. Blue Sky” from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Bunch of great songs! I'm most exited for Simpsons, Muppets, Luca and Coco.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 9th, 2022, 3:12 pm

Not sure how many people would think Disney when they hear someone talking about Hamilton, The Greatest Showman or The Simpsons. Out of a packed back catalogue of songs they couldn't find a single actual Disney song to use. Or wait, the concept of tonight is to flog Disney+ sorry, forgot about the real reason this type of shoe exists for a moment.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 9th, 2022, 3:34 pm

Gotta love synergy. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 9th, 2022, 7:46 pm

Ah, Mr Blue Sky… That classic Disney song… :roll:

Still think it’s a shame they "spoil" the songs and dances, since surely half the fun is seeing who is going to do what and how when the actual show goes out!?