Animated Views Celebrity Obituary Thread

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Animated Views Celebrity Obituary Thread

Post by Daniel » January 10th, 2022, 5:47 pm

Jodie Sweetin shares heartfelt tribute:
Jodie Sweetin wrote:There aren’t enough words to express what I’m feeling today. Nor are they big enough to capture even a slice of who he was.
One thing I do know, is that we never missed a chance to tell each other, “I love you”. Every time we talked, there were at least 3 or 4 exchanged at the end of a conversation, whether it was text, phone call or in person. And he usually had to have the last word, “I love you more…”

There are so many songs that I hear of and think of him… he introduced me to some of my favorite music through the years. Talking comedy bits with him. The love of standup and comedy history he shared. The hundreds of inside jokes we all had, the kind that only a family knows and that nobody else will ever understand or think is funny. Notes sessions on the show, sitting and laughing all together at the kitchen table on set. He and Dave dancing together at my 13th Birthday party, being ridiculous, as usual. Spending weekends at his house with his daughters when I was young, and having blueberry pancakes. The time I out “Bob’d” Bob, with some joke I told. Him telling me he was proud of me.
These are just a few of the special memories I hold in my heart and that keep playing on the carousel of memories in my mind.
Bob was a wonderful human being. A human being that could drive you nuts at times, and he knew it, but who was so genuine that you couldn’t even get that frustrated. Someone who would also call and profusely apologize for at LEAST 15 minutes if he thought he MAY have perhaps said something he shouldn’t have or thought maybe he took a joke too far. He was a genuinely kind spirit who made it through so much in his life, and was most happy when he was helping others. Whether it was personally or through SO many of his different avenues of philanthropy.
He gave great hugs too.

I would always say “you’re the best TV dad ever”. And he was.

I’ll miss you Bob.
I’ll make sure and tell an inappropriate joke at your funeral. In your honor. I know you would’ve wanted that.

But you were supposed to be here longer…
How Rude.

Thank you all for the love.
And to his amazing wife @eattravelrock and my FH family- we’ll get through this together.
💔💔💔
Very well said. You can tell it hit her hard.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 10th, 2022, 6:56 pm

Wow. :cry:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2022, 2:57 pm

Another recent loss: Ronnie Spector, lead singer of the 1960s girl group The Ronettes, died Wednesday at the age of 78 after a bout with cancer. A true legend whose impact on music can't be overstated. Here's a good vid to understand the magic of her live performances during her prime:

Brilliant. Their catalog is full of gems. RIP Ronnie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 16th, 2022, 3:21 pm

Tomorrow is Betty White's birthday. Many tributes abound. Yesterday and today Buzzr and Game Show Network are airing episodes all day in memory. TV Land is doing the same with their "Best of Betty White-a-thon", leading up to a special ET look back. Hallmark Channel will be airing an all day Golden Girls marathon tomorrow, with The Lost Valentine airing in-between.

TCM will be honoring Sidney Poitier with a 24-hour tribute on what would've been his 95th birthday. Starting February 19th at 8PM, here's the movies they'll be airing:

In the Heat of the Night
The Defiant Ones
A Warm December
Cry, the Beloved Country
Something of Value
Goodbye, My Lady
Edge of the City
No Way Out
Blackboard Jungle
To Sir, With Love
Lillies of the Field
A Patch of Blue

A lot of gems. What a nice farewell tribute.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 16th, 2022, 4:59 pm

Very good!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 19th, 2022, 12:06 am

Yvette Mimieux has passed away, just over a week after her 80th birthday. Lovely lady. She was wonderful in Joy in the Morning, among other roles. Good night, Yvette.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 19th, 2022, 1:23 am

For me, her biggest role was in The Time Machine. Sad to lose her.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 19th, 2022, 3:44 pm

She was mostly known for her TV work rather than quite a lot of forgettable movies, but her place in sci-fi history is secured: I’ll always remember her as (snigger) Weena in The Time Machine and, of course, the only female who went through The Black Hole, both films almost marking her first and last major theatrical movie roles. RIP.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 21st, 2022, 12:38 pm

Comedian Louie Anderson dies:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/21/entertai ... index.html

:(

I remember “Life with Louie.” So sad.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 21st, 2022, 1:24 pm

Cats lick the butter! Sad indeed... he was hilarious.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 22nd, 2022, 8:30 am

I did like the guy when he showed up on Carson, or various TV shows. Always a welcome presence.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » January 26th, 2022, 1:46 am

Peter Robbins, the voice of Charlie Brown in such specials as A Charlie Brown Christmas and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, passed away at 65. This was just reported by my local Fox affiliate as he's a resident of Carlsbad. According to his family, he committed suicide last week.

Report with video: https://fox5sandiego.com/entertainment/ ... ies-at-65/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 26th, 2022, 2:07 am

Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, he was the Charlie Browniest... :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 26th, 2022, 2:55 am

Dear Lord.

This one is rough.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 26th, 2022, 3:24 am

Oh that’s really sad. RIP, Charlie Brown. :(