Animated Views Celebrity Obituary Thread

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Animated Views Celebrity Obituary Thread

Post by Ben » December 21st, 2022, 6:38 am

Thanks. Bogdanovich is a real loss as he was still documenting, still working. And Liotta was obviously way too young. Would still like to have seen Petersen's Bats V Supes, and as usual there’s a bunch that I didn’t know about or remember. Too many greats lost. RIP to all those talented people.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 21st, 2022, 3:16 pm

Yeah, I always hate to find out if someone had passed this way.

Couple of omissions, Sally Kellerman for one and I really think Betty White should've been in it given she passed literally on the last day of 2021.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 21st, 2022, 11:34 pm

Okay, I got tingles when Sidney came up - my favourite. Nice that they ended with him like they did.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 31st, 2022, 1:38 am

There's always a big celebrity death right before the year ends... Barbara Walters has passed away tonight at the age of 93. An absolute television icon and a legendary voice silenced. RIP Baba Wawa.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 31st, 2022, 3:31 am

And to set the cliche' straight, Barbara did NOT ask Katherine Hepburn "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?"

Hepburn only said she felt she'd become some ancient mainstay in the industry, "like a mighty tree", and Walters lured her out with "What kind?"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 31st, 2022, 4:35 am

So she basically asked her, if she was a tree, what kind of tree would she be, then… ;)

While she was never a big personality here, we certainly knew her name, though perhaps mostly for finding out who Gilda Radner was spoofing on SNL and Animalympics! Yes, RIP Baba Wawa.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 31st, 2022, 5:26 am

Didn’t Duck Tales have a character that was sort of modeled on her? (Unless I’m mixed up.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 31st, 2022, 10:47 am

Yep, Webra Walters!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 31st, 2022, 2:51 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 1st, 2023, 3:08 pm

Anita Pointer, founding member of the Pointer Sisters, passes at age 74. Amazing voice. Undeniable pure talent. One of my favorite jams is "I'm So Exited":

And of course the Pinball Number Count song frong "Sesame Street"!

Rest peacefully Anita, beautiful songbird.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 9th, 2023, 3:10 pm

Daniel wrote:
October 24th, 2022, 3:45 pm
Leslie Jordan dies at 67 in a car accident. Tragic. He was always so charming and funny. Definition of a scene stealer. Been enjoying him as of late on "Call Me Kat", one of the main reasons I tune in. Will be interesting to see how the show handles it. Shoot. :(
Last weeks episode answered the question. The show is letting Phil live on. Such a beautiful tribute. It was heartfelt but also humorous, you can tell that the cast all really loved Leslie. You could also tell it hit Cheyenne Jackson the hardest breaking down like that. Even earlier in the episode where his character was telling Phil stories he seemed sad. And of course the song duet with Dolly over the montage... yes, I got a little teary-eyed. I'm glad they gave him a happy ending:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 16th, 2023, 3:22 pm

Gina Lollobrigida, legend of Italian cinema, dies at 95. She worked in so many great films. Quite a beautiful, talented, and smart lady. I always remember the gag from the Looney Tunes short "A Pizza Tweety-Pie":

And Fred Flintstone singing of her virtues: "Oh, Lollobrickida, how I flip my wig-ida ♪ ♪ And your pizza's great I'd even eat the plate".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 16th, 2023, 3:42 pm

RIP Lola. 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 30th, 2023, 2:35 pm

Lisa Loring, original Wednesday Addams, has passed. 64 is up there, but still too young. I'll always remember her this way:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 30th, 2023, 4:35 pm

Hollywood Reporter posted that exact same clip. Classic. Way too young but sounds like she had a rollercoaster life. Shame they didn’t get er to cameo in the new show as a full circle thing. RIP. 🫰 🫰