Award archives...

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 17th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Pixar taking home the very first golden globe for best animated feature is more than deserved. oh and Lasseter needs to lose some weight... lay off the chicken wings for a while... he had to catch his breath after walking up those tiny stairs. It was kinda awkward to see....

We don't want him having a heart attack now that someone is finally using his sanity within the walls of the disney studios. Because he's one gifted filmmaker that's for sure.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 18th, 2007, 11:23 pm

Hey Ben are you feeling any better? :wink: :) I hope you're OK. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 19th, 2007, 1:18 am

Thanks Dan, I appreciate that. :wink:

I've been trying really hard lately not to go into my usual "spiel". :roll: (especially with all the animation Oscar talk. :P )

Anyways here's a brief little thread on who might win the Oscar and if Cars' Golden Globe win means that it'll get the Academy Award too.

(BTW I think Shrek was the first animated film to win the Best Musical or Comedy Golden Globe based on the fact that it was a great FILM, not just an "animated movie." :wink: :P :roll: )

OK, I slipped there..... :? :)

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... oscar.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 19th, 2007, 5:18 am

Nope...still pretty bummed out. I don't know why. Going to doc's on Monday, so we'll see what they say...

Thanks for the concern! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 19th, 2007, 1:37 pm

No, problem! ;)

Yes, I've noticed. it just isn't the same, without your 'unique' posts. ;) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » January 20th, 2007, 2:24 pm

PatrickvD wrote:Pixar taking home the very first golden globe for best animated feature is more than deserved. oh and Lasseter needs to lose some weight... lay off the chicken wings for a while... he had to catch his breath after walking up those tiny stairs. It was kinda awkward to see....

We don't want him having a heart attack now that someone is finally using his sanity within the walls of the disney studios. Because he's one gifted filmmaker that's for sure.
:lol:
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » January 20th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Cars is the best!
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 21st, 2007, 8:10 pm

Here's a little info on why Cat Tale was canceled:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.ph ... 0&id=39458

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » January 22nd, 2007, 1:41 am

[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 23rd, 2007, 5:18 pm

Oops! :oops: :?

Thanks YCougar. :P

Re: Best Animated Film Oscars

Please someone tell me this is a joke......? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am soooooooooooooooo upset (well, annoyed anyway. :P )

Who the *bleep* do those Academy voters think they are? Not Flushed Away OR Over the Hedge??????? But two films with motion capture and the zillionth Pixar nomination???????? :shock:

Not. Even. Nominating. It.

I think I'll go in the corner and cry..... :cry: :cry:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » January 23rd, 2007, 5:30 pm

According to Jerry Beck on Cartoon Brew, it is due to the Weinstein's insistence on submitting Arthur and the Minimoys for consideration (which was deemed 'unqualified'), while holding back Doogal from consideration. Had Doogal been submitted instead (or even in addition), there would have been (just) enough 'qualified' films for 5 nominees. :?

Over the Hedge and Flushed Away are both certainly worthy of consideration .. personally, I would have included OTH ahead of Monster House or Happy Feet .. but I'm not in the Motion Picture Academy.

I am in ASIFA, though .. and that reminds me; I gotta submit my votes for the 'Annies' this week. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 23rd, 2007, 5:35 pm

Yeah, OTH should have been nominated over Monster House (or Flushed Away - I haven't seen it but I've heard it's good.) I really liked Cars and Happy Feet, so yay for them, but I would have picked otherwise as far as Monster House is concerned. Perhaps they were going for variety??...

Seems like they're just copy-catting the Golden Globes if you ask me.

Bleh.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 23rd, 2007, 5:44 pm

You should see FA Meg! I really think you'd like it. :)

BTW I still think your avatar is adorable too! :) I want to laugh every time I see it. :wink: :P
Over the Hedge and Flushed Away are both certainly worthy of consideration .. personally, I would have included OTH ahead of Monster House or Happy Feet .. but I'm not in the Motion Picture Academy.
I wish you were! :wink: :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 23rd, 2007, 5:59 pm

I'm almost sure Cars will win. They're the odds-on favorite.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 23rd, 2007, 6:02 pm

Sorry Vi! But you can't fault Pixar just because they are Pixar. They made what is without any doubt one of the top films of the year. Happy Feet is in because Hollywood loves politically correct movies. After that there were several films all grouped together. I think any one of them could have gotten that last nomination.