Cornell and Katzenberg

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Jeffrey Katzenberg wins Milestone Award

Post by ShyViolet » January 23rd, 2005, 3:40 pm

....at the Producer's Guild Awards, for his contribution to the entertainment industry. It's their highest honor and was presented to him by Will Smith.

GO JEFF!!!! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by scrantov » January 25th, 2005, 1:29 am

He didn't deserve it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 25th, 2005, 2:31 pm

Why do you think that? :?: :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 25th, 2005, 3:13 pm

Uh oh... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Jeffrey Katzenberg coming to Sheridan College

Post by fani » April 14th, 2005, 9:21 pm

Jeffrey Katzenberg is coming to Sheridan College for a goodwill tour. He will be lecturing for an hour from 3.45 PM to 4.45 PM. He is scheduled to tour the animation faculty`s from 2.00 P.M until 3.45 PM. A Q & A session will be scheduled during the lecture. He is coming with Rex Grignon a Sheridan alumnus working in Madagascar as Head of Character Animation.

Sheridan already hosted David Soren (head of story Shark Tale) and Scott Caple ( The Incredibles, The Hunchback of Notre Dame) as guest lecturers for the academic year of 2004-2005.

This is soooo AWESOME!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Jeffrey Katzenberg coming to Sheridan College

Post by fani » April 14th, 2005, 9:32 pm

Jeffrey Katzenberg is coming for a goodwill tour to Sheridan College. He will be lecturing from 3.45 to 4.45 PM . This trip will also be accompanied with Rex Grignon who is the Head of Character Animation for Madagascar. He is a Sheridan grad.

With previous guest lecturers like David Soren (Head of story for Shark Tale) and Scott Caple (The Incredibles, The Hunchback of Notre Dame) for 2004-2005 academic year, this is a good way to close the year.

I am a first year animation student at Sheridan.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 14th, 2005, 11:42 pm

What day?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 15th, 2005, 11:09 am

YOU ARE SO LUCKY....wish I lived near there. (Canada?)

Please post on it if you can! :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Friday

Post by fani » April 15th, 2005, 1:42 pm

He's coming today 15th of April

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 15th, 2005, 1:45 pm

OMG....PLEASE....post all the details!!! :) THANKS. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

After the meeting

Post by fani » April 17th, 2005, 12:55 pm

He is such a nice guy and seems to be nice to work with! Unlike Eisner he doesnt talk sh*t in his lecture. He re-assured us all in classical animation to not worry of getting jobs since we are valued in the industry. He told us how he got to be the CEO of Dreamworks in relatively short time. He jokingly said, "Between me, Geffen and Spielberg, none of us has a degree, bet you're angry at me now eh?" (all the students laugh) He was trying to drink pop when it spilled all over his lap. His entourage was worried so much but he jokingly said, "Don't worry I'm not gonna melt." and when some lady came up and gave him tons of paper towels he was like, "Thanks, MOM."

It was a really fun meeting!!^^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

oops

Post by fani » April 17th, 2005, 12:57 pm

I forgot he also said this,

"I always sneak out of the theatre when it's hte premiere of my movie and snuck back in when credits starts to roll."

He said he hates seeing his movie when it's "done" cause he's seen it a million time before it's "done"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 17th, 2005, 4:10 pm

Thanks...that was really cool of you to post. I am so jealous!! :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

annual report from DreamWorks Animation?

Post by ShyViolet » September 17th, 2005, 7:09 pm

Shouldn't they mail one to all their shareholders? What will it say?

It should be an interesting read. I personally think DW did well this year even though I know not everyone agrees.

Will it have a "letter from the chairman" like Disney's annual report has done every since...well, 1984? Go to www.disney.com and read their annual reports on the "Corporate Info" section. (from Corporate Info click on News releases and drag the menu down to pick which AR you want.)

Funniest thing ever, especially the letters from Eisner. (The 2004 report was his last one.)

What a shocker--annual reports only go back to 1995. Hmmm, why wouldn't they have anything before that? Oh, right, that's before....that guy was fired, right?

Notice how in the '95 report Eisner mentions EVERYTHING that happened in 1994 EXCEPT Katzenberg leaving. (doesn't mention K, period, even though he had a lot to do with Pocahontas' success and the Beauty and the Beast show too.) Of course he praises "our new president" Ovitz no end...

Be sure to check out the '96 report that has pictures of Sandy Litvack and Richard Nanula, (who were INFAMOUS for sucking up to Eisner) the COO and CFO respectively.

I"m pretty sure Katzenberg designed Huy and Hotep in POE to look like them. (they're both in my avatar although you can't see them that well. :wink: )

Here's a pic:

http://www.planetkilmer.com/movies/poe/dw-01.jpg

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 18th, 2005, 7:49 am

Old... Tired... Boring... ;)