Award archives...

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 30th, 2005, 5:14 pm

Yay. Now everyone will stop whining about him. Hopefully.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » September 30th, 2005, 5:50 pm

okay, so will Iger announce himself one of these days and will he come up with some sort of plan? Obviously we're waiting for a return of quality to the company, getting rid of Eisner isnt magically gonna return pixie dust to the studio. They have to work their *sses off to get back into the game. What's their plan now?

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 30th, 2005, 8:35 pm

There's no plan laid out as of yet...

The Disney Company is basically on auto-pilot doing the same thing it did when Eisner was the CEO.

SaveDisney managed to get HALF its agenda accomplished = getting Eisner out EARLIER, but Eisner still got to choose his successor and got away with it.

I really don't know that Iger is going to be any better.

We'll see. I think over the next 2-3 years we can safely say what's going down there. Right now, it's way too early to call it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 1st, 2005, 11:09 am

At the moment, I honestly think they're in a "Walt's gone" period, where the company kept trying to do what Walt would have done.

In a way, it will continue to tick over the way Eisner ran it until something big happens and there's another big re-look at how the company is being managed, possibly at long last with a completely new board.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 1st, 2005, 7:36 pm

post deleted
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 4th, 2005, 5:32 pm

I think Wallace and Gromit might actually have a very good shot. The reviews so far have been extremely positive and 100% fresh on RT!

(there's those tomatoes again! :wink: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2005, 3:05 pm

If there's any studio out there that has Pixar's untouchability, it's Aardman.

Their films, like The Lamp's, seem to be impervious to critics and we all seem to love what they do.

Frankly, and though it looks fun, I think it's a shame and obvious that they have rested back on their biggest franchise second time out of the gate, and that their next film - and first CGI movie - is going to have the same old wide-mouthed look, even given the technique change.

But then, the things people say about Pixar don't seem to stick either...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » October 5th, 2005, 3:21 pm

somehow all studios become some sort of slave to their own formula. I really was kind of dissapointed when we got the first look at Flushed Away, I'd prefer them to stick to clay. I don't understand it though, if you'r crossing over to CGI, why keep that same clay-look? Are they just tired of the clay process, but don't want to lose their identity? I haven't quit figured out what Flushed Away is supposed to be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 5th, 2005, 8:44 pm

PatrickvD wrote:I really was kind of dissapointed when we got the first look at Flushed Away, I'd prefer them to stick to clay.
First look wha? I think I missed that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » October 8th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Meg wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:I really was kind of dissapointed when we got the first look at Flushed Away, I'd prefer them to stick to clay.
First look wha? I think I missed that.
there was a picture in a recent article on Aardman/Dreamworks, try searching the site's news history, should be somewhere.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 8th, 2005, 1:33 pm

You can find a picture of the poster or whatever on google easily.

EDIT:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » October 8th, 2005, 2:12 pm

one thing is for sure, regardless of animation technique, qualitywise, Dreamworks has found their ´Pixar´. Can´t wait to see what Aardman is gonna produce the coming years. They rock.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 8th, 2005, 6:21 pm

PatrickvD wrote:there was a picture in a recent article on Aardman/Dreamworks, try searching the site's news history, should be somewhere.
Oh. I thought you were talking about a clip or something!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 12th, 2005, 5:43 pm

So the run-down is:

Corpse Bride

Wallace and Gromit

Madagascar

Chicken Little

Robots

Howl's Moving Castle

I don't know, for some reason I don't think Valiant's gonna get a nom. Academy memory is very short and this film's being forgotten already.

Most likely to win: Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Little, or Madagascar.

Robots is too "meh", anime already won with Spirited Away, and Corpse Bride is too creepy for the Academy. Plus Burton will probably get lots of kudos with CATCF.

CL and W/G seem the strongest. There's lots of positive buzz on CL plus it's time Disney proper won an Oscar for animation, finally. W/G is doing great with BO and extremely solid with reviews. Madagascar may not have done that great with all reviews but they have their BO which was pretty good domestic and really good around the world.

This year it's REALLY Disney vs. DW. (as opposed to Pixar vs. DW)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » October 13th, 2005, 11:23 am

Just got back from Wallace and Gromit and i REALLY think they have a chance to get the Osca, especialy after the fire at their studios in London... Taht could be in their favor after all.
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com