Noel Neill, TV's Lois Lane, RIP at 95

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Founder
AV Founder

Noel Neill, TV's Lois Lane, RIP at 95

Post by Ben » July 4th, 2016, 7:09 pm

I know this'll be a big one for Rand...like him I was lucky enough to meet Noel Neill, who played Lois Lane in the Kirk Alyn theatrical serials and on TV's Adventures Of Superman, at the Comic-Con where the founders of Animated Views met up in 2008.

I think he's managed to bump into her a couple of other times, too, but I remember her well and she was, to use a totally appropriate cliche, a super lady.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/n ... ane-719698

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Noel Neill, TV's Lois Lane, RIP at 95

Post by Randall » July 4th, 2016, 10:35 pm

Yes, I sighed audibly when I read the news a few hours ago. She was my first Lois, even before seeing the comics, as I first watched the TV show when I was about 6. Superman has always meant a lot to me, and that show started it. It was a joy to meet her at Comic-Con, when I got to tell her she looked beautiful. She was a young gal of 87 then! So nice she took photos with us after the panel, too.

That panel was the first one of the Con for Ben and me. Remember how concerned we were about getting into it? We needn't have worried, as we were among the first to arrive. What a way to start a fabulous week of panels!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 7th, 2016, 11:09 am

Never really watched the George Reeves Supes but she seemed so nice in the interviews. Sorry to hear she's gone. :(. And I actually thought she was pretty good in Superman Returns. (Sorry I know we're not supposed to mention that film here! Lol. :wink: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 7th, 2016, 12:33 pm

:evil:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 7th, 2016, 2:45 pm

Did I miss her in that movie? I know where Jimmy Olson was, but can't remember seeing her.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 7th, 2016, 3:15 pm

She played Gertrude, whom Lex swindled for her money in the opening scene of the movie.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 7th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Oh, yeah. That.

Even speaking as someone who still sees it as a "decent" film, SR certainly had some...interesting moments.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 8th, 2016, 2:28 am

:evil: