News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cool Brenda Chapman interview!

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2016, 1:57 pm

She talks a lot about the aftermath of her experience on Brave:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/animators/li ... 43232.html

:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Cool Brenda Chapman interview!

Post by EricJ » September 26th, 2016, 10:34 pm

I did some consulting on the Lucasfilm Strange Magic film which, well, it was what it was.
Yeah, DID wonder whatever happened to that "Fairy movie with hit pop tunes"...

She seems to have calmed down a bit on the "Hollywood Patriarchy" rhetoric a bit, too--Guess she got her "The voters didn't go to see Wreck-It Ralph" Oscar, and now everyone feels vindicated.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 27th, 2016, 4:06 am

Well, Eric, you do know that Strange Magic eventually came out (and went) because we discussed it around here and I even went as far as reviewing the DVD and watching the film so no-one else had to:

http://animatedviews.com/2015/strange-magic-dvd/

I love her comment, "it was what it was". Good luck to her and Kevin's new company. Their initial film concept sounds pretty neat.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 27th, 2016, 5:32 pm

Ben wrote:Well, Eric, you do know that Strange Magic eventually came out (and went) because we discussed it around here and I even went as far as reviewing the DVD and watching the film so no-one else had to:
I meant, she originally said she was working on one (in one of her "Glad to be out of that chauvinistic Pixar!" interview-rants), and made it sound like her "hip, empowering" version of a Disney Fairies movie--
Little did we know, or she either, likely...