TVShowsonDVD no more?!?

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Founder
AV Founder

TVShowsonDVD no more?!?

Post by Randall » May 24th, 2018, 9:20 pm

This is really disappointing. Our website brothers at TSOD have called it a day. The site is closed down, and they will now be sticking with social media for news items. Gone will be the database of releases and all the other useful information that could be found on the site. It just won't be the same.

Though exciting new releases were becoming fewer as the format matured (Batman '66 finally coming out certainly made any further collecting less exciting), TSOD was still a great resource that I visited almost daily. The site shall be missed.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/offline.html

And when the heck did jumptheshark.com disappear? Oh, maaaannnnn....!!!

I guess the internet is NOT forever! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: TVShowsonDVD no more?!?

Post by ohmahaaha » May 25th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Agree 100%. It was a daily stop for me as well … but at least they will be on Facebook. I can't help thinking that news item will be less frequent, however. I hope I'm wrong.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 25th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Randall wrote:Though exciting new releases were becoming fewer as the format matured (Batman '66 finally coming out certainly made any further collecting less exciting), TSOD was still a great resource that I visited almost daily. The site shall be missed.
In the old days, any classic series coming to DVD was big, big news. Now it's basically taken for granted with every season of every new show, and most of what's left goes to Archive collections. Its purpose had to be served sooner or later. :(
(Although it's almost like, after Batman '66, their work was done...)

Me, I miss AnimeonDVD.com, but it was a wilder time in the early 00's, when something coming out on DVD was the difference between it being culturally remembered at ALL.
And when the heck did jumptheshark.com disappear? Oh, maaaannnnn....!!!(
JumptheShark was reportedly bought-out by TVGuide, back in the 00's, and they pretty much ran the trademark into the ground ever since.
Seemed like you couldn't turn on TVG's mid-00's cable channel without seeing another list of Cousin Oliver, Rosanne's lottery ticket, and that kid who eventually showed up on the milk carton on "Married With Children".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ohmahaaha » June 8th, 2018, 4:59 pm

If you haven't already liked "tvshowsondvd" on Facebook, I recommend … it's not the same as going to their site every day, which we all enjoyed, but the updates they've been sending on Facebook now are much nicer to read than all of the political crap out there.