New Disney Streaming Service: Disney+

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: New Disney Streaming Service: Disney+

Post by ShyViolet » July 29th, 2019, 4:11 pm

Yeah, I wouldn’t hold my breath. :roll:

Like the article says:

The next big questions is cost. Will the Hulu add-on cost the same as the standalone service? Would Disney offer subscribers a discount, even a dollar a month, to add Disney+ to Hulu rather than on its own? I don’t see why they would. They have a service everyone wants to watch. They can ask for all the money in the world.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 31st, 2019, 11:49 pm

Give me a Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ bundle please!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 6th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Looks like you got your wish! $12.99 to bundle all three. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 6th, 2019, 11:02 pm

I'm in!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 7th, 2019, 3:53 am

If/when it launches here, I’d be in for an ESPN-free bundle. Give me D+ and Hulu for under a tenner and I’d be cool. 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 7th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Since I already get Hulu free with Sprint (ok, with commercials) and have no interest in the other two, it’s moot for me. But I hope you guys end up enjoying it. :).
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 7th, 2019, 4:45 pm

No interest in D+...!? :shock:

Vi...is that you!? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 7th, 2019, 4:56 pm

Ben wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 4:45 pm
No interest in D+...!? :shock:

Vi...is that you!? ;)
(Well, that's because DreamWorks' Dragons movies are already on Netflix...) :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 7th, 2019, 8:15 pm

Lol I should have explained...I would get it in a millisecond, but I was extremely disappointed with the news that classic Walt-era features/shorts would have certain scenes pulled out. :? It didn’t seem worth it, plus it was sort of on principle too.

But anyway, maybe I’ll give it some more thought...Disney is Disney after all...plus there’s all those great 90s Renaissance films (nothing can match Walt-era stuff, of course, but it would still be cool to have. :) )

I guess I sort of jumped the gun a bit...apologies, I sometimes tend to do that. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 9th, 2019, 10:45 am

On Front Page story re: Home Alone remake:

Interesting idea. Even though in many ways the story/concept is somewhat dated, (but the original very much remains a holiday classic. :)

Some things that definitely don’t carry over: (and not just the cell phone factor).

1.). The McAllisters’ giant “middle-class” mansion doesn’t seem to have any home security system. :shock:

2.). Nowadays Kevin would be less likely to eventually decide to talk to the creepy guy next door, even if they are sitting in a church. I mean I know the neighbor guy was really a nice person inside, but with nowadays’ (understandable) “stranger-danger” mindset there would probably be many more complaints about this subplot.

3.) Joe Pesci looks particularly untrustworthy in that scene where he casually wanders around the McAllisters’ home and asks if they’re about to go on vacation. I mean I know there’s huge bunch of kids running around and he’s dressed as a policeman, but IIRC Uncle Frank was there and didn’t seem the least bit concerned that suddenly out of nowhere this cop they’ve never seen before is in their house asking them lots of questions about where they’re going...

4.). There would no doubt be lots more issues over Kevin engaging in many, quite dangerous activities with no real consequences (particularly when he rides his sled down a staircase.)

Anyway, I guess i’ve made my point. (What was it again? Lol.)
;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 9th, 2019, 7:49 pm

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 19th, 2019, 2:25 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 8:15 pm
I would get it in a millisecond, but I was extremely disappointed with the news that classic Walt-era features/shorts would have certain scenes pulled out. :? It didn’t seem worth it, plus it was sort of on principle too.
Actually pretty valid reason. I know that's one of my hold ups. That, and well you know me and streaming, grr! ;)

I would lie if I said I wasn't slightly intrigued. Just might yet pull the trigger when the service goes live, but it will likely take something grand to push me over. Those non-Disney remakes do not!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 20th, 2019, 2:10 pm

Here's a list of what's expected at launch. Only one Disney sequel? Blasphemy! ;) Surprisingly An Extremely Goofy Movie isn't even one of my favorites. Like the Goofy plot well enough, and thought they did a good job of handling the whole empty nest angle. The X-game thing with Max was just lame, though...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 20th, 2019, 7:01 pm

Okay, so nothing to get excited about then.

I was worried that I’d be missing tons of good stuff between US and UK launches, but it seems not. I have everything there that I want on disc already, and the rest of the new stuff is curios at best.

Some of the overlap is odd though: Dark World is a Marvel *and* and Disney movie? And Free Solo is a Disney movie!? Um...no, it was a NatGeo doc well before Disney even bought Fox and some of the language in there might not be totally appropriate. A Disneynature-style film this is not!

Seems pretty underwhelming for a big launch...!?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 20th, 2019, 7:34 pm

Yep, doesn't sway me any. Where's the pizzazz? Got to offer a real treasure...