AV Forum Member

Re: New Disney Streaming Service: Disney+

Post by gaastra » October 13th, 2019, 5:52 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 13th, 2019, 6:36 pm

But...Betty wasn't IN the She-Hulk com--ohh, I get it: :roll:

This is the "Universal still owns He-Hulk outside of the Avengers" legal-loophole series, with Jenny just standing in for Mark Ruffalo's Hulk, and not the sassy full-time-green District Attorney Walters we know. ("Look all you want, NY, Green is the New Black! :mrgreen: ")
Dang, Disney+, you had your choice of any other character to ruin, why do we have to go and remake the infamous flop 70's comic?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 13th, 2019, 9:50 pm

While She-Hulk certainly doesn't need Bruce's supporting cast, I could see them being used sparingly. At least, that's what I HOPE will happen. Simply subbing in Jennifer for Bruce ain't what we want to see.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » October 14th, 2019, 2:46 pm

Disney just released a video of everything coming to Disney plus launch day. It's 3 hours long! (someone in the comments said it's longer then avengers iw!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0FRDaHnITI

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » October 14th, 2019, 10:06 pm

I think a sample of this video was used in-between some of the movies they looped for the Hall D23 line. I recall there was a good several minutes where they were going through all the movies that would be available on Disney+ and noted to Rand that this was going to loaded based on the shown video alone. :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 15th, 2019, 3:55 pm

Least Disney could've done is have the scenes be audible. To y'know, spark more nostalgia. How boring as is. It's like being on hold and hearing generic music. With just skimming nothing really new caught me eye...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 15th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Dan wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:06 pm
I recall there was a good several minutes where they were going through all the movies that would be available on Disney+ and noted to Rand that this was going to loaded based on the shown video alone. :mrgreen:
If he could do TCM's "100 Years of Movies" in nine minutes and his "50 Years of Bugs Bunny" in 3-1/2, Chuck Workman could have done the entire list just as memorably in 45 minutes.
But it's nice to see even the most "obscure" movies like Flight of the Navigator and Emil & the Detectives get the same perfect 30-second bite of memorable-moments edit that Sleeping Beauty or Beauty & the Beast get. :D
I also enjoyed the challenge of trying to remember the movies chronologically--"Okay, Hercules was followed by...George of the Jungle? Or was it My Favorite Martian?"

Most of the catalog seems to be Disney's complete archive of digital titles as available on Vudu VOD--up to now THE most comprehensive site for Disney streaming, for those who wanted to look up "Perri" or "Almost Angels"--but the MIA titles still seem to be MIA.
Does anyone know whatever DID happen to "Aladdin: the Series"? :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 17th, 2019, 2:41 pm

No Studio Ghibli films...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 17th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Along with the whole Miramax library and the forgotten Touchstone films, here’s another bunch of titles that Iger should really have held on to...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 17th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Hindsight is a cruel mistress..!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 17th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Daniel wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 2:41 pm
No Studio Ghibli films...
...Because Disney doesn't distribute the catalog anymore, GKIDS does.

No word on whether that means we'll get "Mirai", "Your Name" or "From Up on Poppy Hill" either, but those are the ones HBOMax has never heard of.
Still, as long as it keeps them out of Funimation.com's infuriatingly bugged app/browser, that's one small blessing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 18th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Bob Iger bets the farm. In a way, sounds like his Snow White.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 22nd, 2019, 2:53 pm

Verizon customers to receive a year free. Naturally the one I'm not subscribed to. Boo-urns

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2019, 3:17 pm

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 29th, 2019, 9:20 pm

A couple of weeks from launch (Nov. 12), and Canadians still can't sign up and have no information about the service here, other than pricing ($8.99/month).

Where the heck is the Canuck marketing?!? It's weird how in the dark we've been left.