Doris Day Has Passed Away

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Doris Day Has Passed Away

Post by Daniel » May 13th, 2019, 1:15 pm

Such sad news. :( We've lost a true Hollywood icon. At least she lived a good long life - 97 wow! I'll probably remember Doris most from those Rock Hudson flicks. Her music too, it's amazing how often she comes up! This seems poignant and fitting:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Doris Day Has Passed Away

Post by Ben » May 13th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Pillow Talk is a classic, among many classic titles she was in, such as Calamity Jane and the excellent Love Me Or Leave Me, which really showed off her acting chops against the usual romcom, girl next door pictures. A huge favorite of my wife's, and a big hit in our house, we'll still have the movie to remember this most special of singer-actresses. RIP.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 14th, 2019, 12:40 pm

I just received an email from Warner Archive advertising a bunch of Ms. Day's movies (a boxed DVD set of 15 films, and about 10 other MOD titles). Seems slightly crass on WA's part .. but those movies are how she will (deservedly) be remembered, in perpetuity.

One of the things I liked about 1980s-era Disney Channel is that they would screen classic Hollywood films (from many other studios) weekly .. and Doris Day movies were a heavy part of their rotation.

Pillow Talk ranks high on my list, as well .. but if I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be Please Don't Eat the Daisies. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 14th, 2019, 8:36 pm

We're going to run Love Me Or Leave Me in a couple of weeks, since we already did Calamity Jane last year. I got that WA email too...it was inevitable, since they now own so much of her output, but...yeah...too soon.