Russi Taylor RIP

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Russi Taylor RIP

Post by Daniel » July 28th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Disney Legend Russi Taylor has passed. She had been the current voice of Minnie Mouse. Very saddening news.

Probably best known as Minnie, there were oh so many other memorable characters she lent her voice to. Although not part of the new DuckTales reboot, she at least had a cameo voicing young Donald. It was pretty cool to compare, that rarely happens!

She was also a big part of The Simpsons. Not only as the voices of Sherri and Terri, and Uter but Martin! It's eerie, I was just thinking of Martin's fake death the other day when I posted about the 19th season. Now it's a reality. :( Hope they don't "Edna" her characters.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Russi Taylor RIP

Post by Ben » July 28th, 2019, 9:54 pm

I always thought it was so sweet and cool that she really was married to her Mickey, with whom she is now together with again. RIP.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 29th, 2019, 3:53 pm

:(

She was on The Critic too I think. She played Penny, Alice’s little daughter. (Alice was Jay’s one-time girlfriend.).
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 29th, 2019, 4:46 pm

Here's a neat collage of some of the characters she voiced. Always thought how cool in addition to marrying her Mickey, she actually got to meet Walt Disney - the original Mickey! How surreal!

Incidentally, The Simpsons paid homage to her on last nights rerun. They used a picture of Martin, arguably her biggest contribution.