Official VIDEO GAMES discussion

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 8th, 2007, 10:05 pm

I don't have one, but I think Super Paper Mario and Cooking Mama "Cook Off" Wii look awesome!!! :D

Nope, can't say that I have. Any good?
It was OK, but for $10.00 (imported from overseas) was supposed to come with 2 free mini DS mags, and they were doubles of each other!!! :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 8th, 2007, 10:59 pm

So it was really just one? That stinks. :(

And regarding if I have Wii... nope. I really want one, but at the moment, its way to expensive. Hopefully in a year or two, it will be a lot cheaper. At least I hope!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » September 13th, 2007, 11:56 pm

Wow, old topic. I never did get that N64. The guy who said I could have it kept forgetting to bring it to me, even after I (gently) bugged him about it. Then he got another job somewhere else and I haven't seen him since. Oh well. It's cool though, cause I got something better. I was at a store called Play-N-Trade and I saw a system called the FC Twin that had two cartridge slots for NES and Super NES games! Apparently this thing is legal since Nintendo's patent on the hardware expired, so cool beans. I bought four SNES games with it (Aladdin, F-Zero, Batman Forever and Phalanx) and it's been a lot of fun, especially since I was able to dig out all my old NES games.

On top of that, I was on ebay last weekend (I've browsed on there a lot but never bought anything until now) and found a deal that was too good to pass up. I got a Sega Genesis and nine games and only paid $25 (that includes shipping). I always wanted to get a Genesis, ever since I was 10, and when I saw one on sale for $10, I pounced. I'm still waiting for it to come in the mail, but I'm psyched. Man, I've got a lot of great memories of playing Sega at my friend's house. We'd play Mortal Kombat and I'd lose every time but I was having too much fun to care. Sometimes we'd get into all night marathon sessions of Risk (which was so much more convenient to play in a videogame form) and fall into bed at, like, 7 or 8 the next morning. And I was absolutely hooked on Sonic. Those were the days. To me, it just seems that nothing coming out today even compares to what used to be. I feel so old.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 21st, 2007, 10:53 pm

I feel exactly the same. Todays games are fun and all, but they just can't compare to the old school consoles. I don't why, they were just more fun.

And that stinks that you never got the N64, but awesome that you came across a FC Twin, (which I've never heard of) and a Genesis! Wow. Did it finally arrive? Hopefully it did.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » September 22nd, 2007, 9:35 am

The Genesis came in last week and it works good and the games I got are a lot of fun. Four of them are even toon games (AAAHH! Real Monsters, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures and Taz: Escape From Mars)!
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 26th, 2007, 12:47 am

Cool, glad it arrived! Funny thing, I actually owned Animaniacs and Taz: Escape From Mars when I still had my Genesis; the former being ones of faves. Good times...

------------------------------

Here's some video game news:

Sony PSP Phone On The Horizon! -- I know Vi is drooling. ;)
Square Enix wrote:A New Chapter in the KINGDOM HEARTS Series Delivers Three Brand-new Titles to the Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, and Mobile Phones.
YES!! Its finally coming to the DS!

And lastly, Vi, remember Sonic Rush? Well, a direct sequel was just released, entitled Sonic Rush Adventure! We SO need to get it! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2007, 1:13 am

And lastly, Vi, remember Sonic Rush? Well, a direct sequel was just released, entitled Sonic Rush Adventure! We SO need to get it! Smile
Definetely Dan! :)

Also, I finally did break past the first boss battle with Eggman and got to the water level. Now I'm the female character. (forgot her name. :wink:)

Also, forgot to say that I got Super Princess Peach! :) (used)

(mostly) easy game, but cute. :wink: The graphics are soooo pretty.
You attack people with the magical powers of your umbrella! :lol:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2007, 1:26 am

Also, has anyone ever seen the Futurama episode: 'What if Life was like a video game?" (with the Whatif machine)

Next to the Star Trek one...Best. Futurama. Satire. EVERRRRRRR!!!!! :D

Farnsworth: "Can you put that in the form of a question?"
Fry: "Uh....what if that thing I said?"

Leela: "Invadors! Possibly from space!"

Fry: "Watch, as I fire through our own shield!!"
Bender: He's a madman, a MADMAN!"

Space Invadors alien: "Instead of shooting where I was, you should have shot at where I was going to be!"

:lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 26th, 2007, 3:06 am

Yes, I love that episode!
ShyViolet wrote:Now I'm the female character. (forgot her name. :wink:)
Blaze, I believe. She's ok, but doesn't come close to Sonic!
ShyViolet wrote:Also, forgot to say that I got Super Princess Peach! :) (used)
Do you think I would like it? It looks fun, but I would like to get your opinion. And woot for buying used! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2007, 2:10 pm

Do you think I would like it? It looks fun, but I would like to get your opinion. And woot for buying used! Razz
Yeah, I think you would, Dan--it's not all that challenging but you get the cool umbrella powers plus "emotion" powers--crying gives you tears that makes vines grow, anger gives you a fire force-field, happy makes you fly for a few seconds, etc....Just fun, the graphics rule, and as IGN said the gameplay/control is very tight. :)

Plus the theme music is so cute! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 26th, 2007, 4:12 pm

Thanks, Vi! It sounds like my kind of game. Espicially with those kind of powers.

And cool pic! The graphics look beautiful.

Ps -- there's going to be a The Simpsons Movie video game coming out soon and one of the consoles is the DS! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 26th, 2007, 4:51 pm

A New Chapter in the KINGDOM HEARTS Series Delivers Three Brand-new Titles to the Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, and Mobile Phones
And here are the first images of the DS (and some of the PSP) version.
http://www.jeux-france.com/news21982_ki ... mages.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2007, 4:18 am

Oooh, so far so good. I like how it doesn't look a dumb-down version. Major plus.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 15th, 2007, 6:28 am

Here's some games trailers:
Enchanted:
Disney Princess:Enchanted Journey:
Disney Friends:
and The Little Mermaid:Ariel's Undersea Advanture:
And pictures of Enchanted deleted GBA game:
Image.
Image.
Image.
Image.
Image.
Image.
Image.
Image.
Anyone noticed it's looks (or looked?) like the Kim Possible games? Giselle looks like Kim and the gameplay with Pip looks the gameplay with Rufus.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 15th, 2007, 11:26 pm

:shock:

Thanks for the screenshots of the Enchanted GBA game, Once. Yup, it does kind of resemble Kim, espicially with Pip. I don't think it was deleted, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Regarding the trailers, I liked them all, but my favorite was "Disney Friends". Omg, its so cute!! Since I love Stitch, I have to get his version. Thanks again! :)