Disney Movie Rewards

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 12th, 2009, 3:58 pm

I whould much rather get a Pinocchio,Jiminy,Figaro or Cleo plushie (They are releasing plushies for all of them in UK,i guess that they"re for Platinum Edition,you can see them here:
http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.u ... -Toys.aspx) insted of a Space Buddy (Thought they are cute) and espically more then a Beverly Hills Chihuahua character.
Figaro and Cleo are so adorable,but it might just sweepstakes.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 12th, 2009, 7:19 pm

Cute. Makes me wish the US Disney site still sold bean bags. :( All they sell is plushes, and that's not much. After so many years, the website still can't compare to the Catalog, much less the actual store.

Thank goodness for eBay! 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 13th, 2009, 6:03 am

What's the difference between a bean bag and a plush?.
I whould love to go to a Disney Store someday (And finally find something of Giselle.... I found a pin on Ebay that looks pretty neat).
Yeah,eBay is good.
Cleo and Jiminy are the cutests plushies.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 13th, 2009, 2:14 pm

You've never been to a Disney Store? Never? That's so sad. I would've guessed you had your own version or something. :(

Bean bags or Beanie Babies are usually smaller, and have little plastic pellets (or beans) in them. So basically, like a plush only with pellets. Don't tell me you have never seen one of those either? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 13th, 2009, 3:09 pm

No,this place is so sad,they don't treat Disney like other countries althought they started bringing lots of movies (I actaully didn't thought that we"ll get TinkerBell or the 3D versions of the Toy Story films).
I really hope that I"ll go to the US someday and I"ll go to a Disney Store and one of the parks.
Oh,then I think I have a Flounder bean bag from McDonalds (One time they had all sorts of Disney character like Pain and Panic,Abu and Iago and etc so I got Flounder,I also think that I got Sebastian but I don't know what happened to him).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 3rd, 2009, 2:01 pm

DMR has finally showed the additional plushies you can get for free. Well, the first one I was way off, it's a plush of Shasta, meh, and the Bolt plushie doesn't look real cute. His eyes, it looks like he was just scared to death. It's not as ugly as the Bobble Head, which I think looks hideous, but it's not that cute. I think I'll pass. Still hoping for a Pinocchio promotion!

Also, I'm not sure how long this has been active, but if you click the Blu-ray tab and watch the whole instructional video about HD you get 100 points free! Entertaining, and it was nice seeing some of the Goofy short again. Smart of Disney actually. :idea:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 3rd, 2009, 2:13 pm

Poor Bolt,he looks dead.
I wonder what they"ll have for Pinocchio.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 3rd, 2009, 2:35 pm

About half way through, I did think "wow, this <I>is</I> worth 100 points to sit through"! ;)

The start was fun, and I liked how they not only used the Home Theater short but also many clips from Goofy's past...but it did start to drag. I thought for most people it would be pretty entertaining though. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 3rd, 2009, 2:55 pm

Glad it worked for you, I thought it was going to be one one of those "restricted to US" type of deals.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 3rd, 2009, 9:24 pm

Thanks for the tip, Dan!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 9th, 2009, 4:04 pm

This was in my message box today:
Disney Movie Rewards wrote:Subject: Don't Miss "The View" March 11

Be sure to catch ABC-TV's "The View" on March 11 for a special Disney announcement. Check your local listings for time and station.
Oooh, I wonder what it will it be! Regardless, just Tivo'd it. I wonder if it might have something to do with that "Are You 23?" advertisement that's been around for a while (the suspense for that is killing me.) OR maybe a The Princess and the Frog trailer!? Nah, but hopefully it's good whatever it is.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 10th, 2009, 3:12 pm

I knew that Pinocchio will have sweepstakes,too bad that they"re lame thought,most of their sweepstakes aren't what they used to be,the only prize related to Pinocchio is that statue.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 10th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Yep, you called it. It's okay, I suppose, I see it's one of those sweepstakes where you have to have a participating code... bummer. I have at least one chance currently with Pinocchio!

Also, HUGE NEWS! Disney has now launched D23! It was for that "Are You 23?" advertisment.

Here's the article about the launch with lots of information about it. All I have to say is WOW. I was so sad when Disney Magazine ended, but now it looks like this will be taking its place and then some! The site, from what I've seen, looks great. Disney Archives, official merchandise, only member offers - ie a D23 members only screening of Up (!), a collectors forum and what I mentioned earlier a subscription to the magazine. Plus, the welcome bundle sounds nifty.

Eek, I'm like a kid in a candy store! There's so much. I'm going to sign up now and will probably buy my subscription soon. I need to redeem for that Mickey D23 pin on the DMR site - finally something I like!

I bet you anything this is what the View is going to talk about, I SO called it. :)

Edit: the merchandise is on Disney Shopping! You just have to be a member to be able to buy it, but some cool swag...if a bit steep. Thank goodness my b-day is on the horizon. It looks like I have to first buy a membership first to be able to sign up. I thought we could sign up then buy later. Oh well, I'll just have to do that soon.

Yes, $75 is pretty expensive, but with all your getting I don't think it's bad at all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 10th, 2009, 5:32 pm

Ben wrote:About half way through, I did think "wow, this <I>is</I> worth 100 points to sit through"! ;)

The start was fun, and I liked how they not only used the Home Theater short but also many clips from Goofy's past...but it did start to drag. I thought for most people it would be pretty entertaining though. :)
Never did get to see "How to Set Up Your Home Theater" in a theater. :cry:

Same problem with the coins though--
Seems to need a separate login, can't get the darn thing to re-login, and have watched it about three times by now with no points.
Did get double points on the Pinocchio Blu-ray, though.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 10th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Yeah...that was a surprise! :)