Disney Movie Rewards

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 23rd, 2008, 10:45 pm

I entered the SB code, clicked for my coin, and got a system error--
Tried clicking again, and got "This code has already been used." Darn.

Also, on the subject of DMC, three other ex-exclusives (Gepetto, Mail to the Chief, A Knight in Camelot) finally earn their "parole" to regular retail in January, as is the usual custom.
Looks like DMC keeps a set number of exclusives, and test-marketed titles are rotated out annually as new exclusives come in. (Except for Zorro, Mathmagic and DuckTales, which are kept on as permanent advertising incentive to make the Club look attractive.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 24th, 2008, 11:23 am

Oh my, that's sad to hear Eric. :( Have you tried emailing them?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 24th, 2008, 12:55 pm

I'm assuming the Zorros will end up with another two/three volumes to make up a Season Two box set, so I'll hold on those for now.

What's "A Goofy Little Christmas", and any extra info on the Lilo & Stitch set...is it the long-awaited two-discer, or just semi-nice packaging for the single we already have?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 24th, 2008, 1:16 pm

The latter.

As for Goofy, it's the Christmas special from the series. The last episode too. Cute little special. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » October 26th, 2008, 4:25 pm

Anyone know how the promotion works for Magical Places? I entered my code of Sleeping Beauty on the movie rewards site. Then I went to the magical places site and the Sleeping Beauty card was unlocked. I clicked it and it said I earned the coin and to click to redeem it. I clicked and it told me to enter the magic code. I entered the code and it told me the code was already used (obviously).

So what the heck? You can't unlock the card to get the coin unless you enter the code on the rewards site first. But once you unlock the card, it wants the code, which has now been used.

Am I just stupid or what...
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 26th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Seems Eric also shared your problem, Neal. Could just be a way the site processes the information, I guess.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » October 26th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Well how the heck do we do this then?

Or is it a scam...?

I've read stories that some people have managed to get up to the really big prizes and when they try to redeem them, they are told it's sold out... one person did some investigation and said the big prizes don't even exist...it's for show.

The company who does the work for Disney does seem a little shady and funny enough reside just a few hours from my house here in Wisconsin.
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » October 28th, 2008, 1:52 pm

I have tons of these awards codes since i buy every DVD they release but import to the UK. I was going to sell a batch on ebay!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » November 13th, 2008, 11:56 pm

Wow! I guess writing to them worked! Not me in particular, but I heard a lot of angry people wrote how Disney Movie Rewards they entered codes days before the original start of the promotion but were shafted from the contest. Guess what? The site has updated with a new 'message center'. The first message? That those codes have now been entered and made eligible. Plus the glitch that prohibited me from entering the sweepstakes or getting my coin? Fixed.

So now my Ariel's Beginning and Pocahontas II and other films I was so mad about all count!

I guess being mad served me well in this case! They listened to us!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 14th, 2008, 2:41 am

Worked for me:
Go to "Enchantment" page, click on a color "trading card" of a code-entered movie, and it validates the coin. Better late than never! :)

And since we'll probably see "Wall-E" and "Caspian" added to the shelf by Christmas, maybe I'd better wait and get all my coins at once...Promo ends 1/31, so there'll be enough time.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 14th, 2008, 2:53 am

Ben wrote: .. any extra info on the Lilo & Stitch set...is it the long-awaited two-discer, or just semi-nice packaging for the single we already have?

Doubt we'll see it ever on DVD until the next round.

Maybe the extras will turn up on the Blu-Ray release of Lilo & Stitch?

Sad thing is that the material on the second disc was apparently safe enough for Region 3 but deemed too sensitive for Region 1.

Once again, the Nanny State of Hollywood strikes again!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2008, 6:30 am

I think the original plan was simply to hold that back until "American Dog" (from the director of "Lilo & Stitch" on posters, from the director of "American Dog" on a sticker on the front of the DVD).

But now... ;)

"From the director who got fired off American Dog when it became...BOLT - NOW IN THEATERS!"

...Just doesn't have the same ring to it, hence the new delay. They'll either slip it out quietly next year, or indeed wait for the Blu time and go day and date.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 14th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Think it also has as much to do with L&S accidentally getting some of the "taint" from the Great 2-D Animation Demonizing/Purge of 2003--
And somehow retroactively being lumped in with Treasure/Atlantis a year later and portrayed as a "flop" by industry analysts...Despite the fact that L&S's runaway audience word-of-mouth success in the summer of '02 had indirectly caused Arnold, Spirit, the Powerpuffs, and yes, even Treasure, to embarrass themselves so badly for everyone else's studios.

Right now, I've been seeing some of the Disney animateds turn up on iTunes-style download-VOD, and the test-market selection seems to be reserved for the "New Orphans", the movies that Disney thinks weren't theatrical successes for '95-'03 (eg. Hercules, Hunchback, Tarzan, Mulan)--and which studio inferiority complexes will still likely prevent 2-disk SE's for the time being--as well as the New Old Orphans that they still couldn't sell on new Gold editions the first or second time around (Dumbo, Aristocats, Fox & Hound, Sword/Stone), with or without a new sequel...
And from all available observation, at the moment, the Pelekois & Co. still seem to be in the former category, despite rampant Stitch marketing in every other corner of the company.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 15th, 2008, 1:23 pm

No, it was actually what I said. ;)

And Pocahontas and Mulan each have current two disc sets out, with some of those other titles to follow next year.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jafar » November 15th, 2008, 2:03 pm

Ben, I own R2 Lilo and Stitch two-disker which was out in UK and a few other regions in 2005:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lilo-Stitch-Spe ... 157&sr=1-1