Re: Disney Movie Rewards

Post by Dan » March 3rd, 2014, 12:26 am

And now DMR is finally back up and running. :lol:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 16th, 2014, 10:48 pm

Did some more investigation of DMA.

The syncing with iTunes adds an additional benefit. Virtually any movie that appears in your DMA collection, you can now download the iTunes digital copy. I looked in my Purchased tab on my iTunes account and found movies that I could now download such as Robin Hood and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I discovered this when I was having a problem with downloading Mary Poppins the other day and needed to start over.

It turns out, Iron Man 2 is not the only non-Disney produced Marvel film that can be added to the collection. I did a reset of my sync with my iTunes account and both the first Thor and Captain America were transferred into my DMA collection. Upon further investigation, the first Iron Man can also be added to the collection if you have a digital copy on your iTunes account. Curiously The Incredible Hulk is not eligible at this time. As with Iron Man 2, bonus features for the films are not available on DMA.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 16th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Codes from the Disney Movie Trivia: (5 points each)

RUMBLY
MELTING
ZARINA
TRAVERS
CLOVER
DOTTIE
CLOVER2

And an additional one for 10 points: BEARS

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 16th, 2014, 5:04 pm

Danka, Dan! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 21st, 2014, 9:39 pm

I've noticed that they are quietly slipping in some not-quite-family-friendly PG-13 films into the Blu Ray rewards. I saw Unbreakable (one of the few really good M. Night Shyamalan films) and decided to pick-up Julie Taymor's version of The Tempest.

Oh, and The Rocketeer on Blu Ray is available, so that was an immediate pick-up. And for just 750 points, I consider that an absolute steal.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 22nd, 2014, 12:30 am

I also saw that the Home on the Range Blu-ray is only 550 points. Might be the only way I could ever convince myself to upgrade that particular film.

Actually, they've enhanced their Blu-ray selection quite nicely. Lots of good titles, even 3D ones.
Last edited by Randall on May 22nd, 2014, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 22nd, 2014, 7:11 pm

Well, that was unexpected--I'd had The Rocketeer on the bottom of my Amazon wish list just waiting to put it on the bonus of another order since it came out, and last summer's binge of 3D movies gave me the points. That's done. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 25th, 2014, 5:33 am

Unbreakable, for me, was great until the last 30 seconds when it just ended and the epilogue card came up with that "its over, go home" poke in the eye to the audience, leaving the whole thing a buildup to a climax that didn't come and a film without an ending.

I could buy it if there had been more...such a shame that Willis decided against completing the proposed trilogy. :( I think M. Night finished it off in comic form, but I don't know how that went. I know he was peeved at Brucie, hence why that potential modern Scorsese-De Niro like pairing went south and we got mad Mel in Signs (for me, Night's best, fully rounded, all-in movie).

Still, might be worth picking up sometime for "free"... :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 25th, 2014, 11:01 am

The story of an Unbreakable sequel is one of the most mixed up out there, no one really knows for sure what's true and what's false. One said Shyamalan approached Touchstone to do one as a result of strong DVD sales, but the disappointing box office was still on the studio's mind and they passed. It was as recently as 2010 that Willis mentioned that Shyamalan was once again thinking about a sequel and that he would be up to it if Jackson was. Of course, now that Shyamalan has made a number of consecutive busts, it's likely that the sequel is not going to happen any time soon.

As for the comic you mentioned, Ben. I don't recall it ever materialized.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 25th, 2014, 11:05 am

I've never heard of a comics version. Here's what Wiki has to say on the subject of an Unbreakable sequel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbreakabl ... led_sequel

I found the movie to be slow, but decent. I'd like to watch it again sometime, but the disc has sat unwatched on my shelf for years.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » November 24th, 2014, 11:04 pm

A pair of new Jim Shore figurines have been added in time for Christmas:
- Tinker Bell: Tink the Season
- Elsa and Anna: Sisters Forever

They've also thrown in some news blu ray combo packs:
- Brave - Ultimate Collector's Edition
- The Little Mermaid - Diamond Edition
- The Nightmare Before Christmas - 3D Combo Pack

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 25th, 2014, 2:34 am

Brave and Mermaid were surprises, for sure. Think these weren't selling or had reached their peak already? It just seems "early" for them to be being made available as part of the DMR program.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » November 25th, 2014, 9:46 am

They've probably peaked. Whenever a high profile blu ray combo appears on DMR they're gone very quickly, just as I suspect these two will.

As well as the Jim Shore Elsa/Anna figurine, which I nabbed the second it became available.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 25th, 2014, 1:14 pm

I liked the Tink but didn't think Anna/Elsa were very on model...?