Disney Movie Rewards

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney Movie Rewards

Post by Daniel » April 14th, 2021, 12:09 pm

Added today:

Marvel Studios' The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Mobile Wallpaper (Ep. 3) - 0 Points
Marvel Studios' Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Captain America: Civil War Bundle - Hot Reward - 400 Points
Frozen 2 Limited Edition Pin - 650 Points
$25 Disney Gift Card - Crazy Coaster - 2250 Points
Frozen 2 One Sheet Poster (Signed) - 12000 Points
Star Wars: The Mandalorian The Child Life Size Figure - 18750 Points
Star Wars: Kylo Ren Premium Format Figure (Sideshow Collectibles) - 26000 Points

AWARDS (10 Points)
DRAGON (25 Points)

The Hot Reward this week is a steal! With the codes you get back, it's basically 100 points for two movies! The Frozen II poster is a good sign they might offer the one you want, Dacey!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 14th, 2021, 6:46 pm

Danke, Danny. Points safe again!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 21st, 2021, 2:50 pm

Points safe again! And thanks again! Kind of "sad" that when I check in here on a Wednesday evening I get excited to see Dan's now regular post! But there ya go: I do and I am! Such is life. And right now it’s the little such things that count! :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 21st, 2021, 8:46 pm

Ooh...not exactly Movie Reward related, but news from the similarish, once connected Disney Movie Club, that none other than THE BLACK CAULDRON has dropped for ordering on Blu-ray, according to Bitsy Bill Hunt! :)

Also a surprise, not least because we probably figured Disney had just about forgotten it as much as most audiences had done, is its release mate, World War II pigeon adventure comedy Valiant, which I really liked when it came out just over 15 years ago. I have both the basically barebones US Disney and the UK independent release with a few extras on DVD but will be going for the new Blu too: the previous releases were near reference quality so this should look great too.

And as for Cauldron — it’s about time! It’s been just over 20 years since the initial Gold Collection (letterboxed) release, and another ten since the upgraded 25th Anniversary (anamorphic) disc, which this will probably recycle the transfer from with a little additional tweaking. That 25th disc looked pretty awesome, and I did say back then that this had the potential to look stunning on Blu — let’s hope so, though I’ll keep both DVDs for the trailers, deleted scenes and concept art extras they had.

Oh, happy day! It’s great to see the DMC Exclusives continue, however sporadically, and hopefully the last two remaining 1940s music features can’t be far behind! :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 21st, 2021, 11:17 pm

Kind of as an aside, but as a huge TBC fan and supporter, I wish I had taken the time to ask Rich a few questions about it when I spoke to him about Swan Princess back in 2019. Of course, we only had about half an hour to talk (and he was at a noisy airport), but there would've been a gateway within the interview to inquire about the infamous "deleted scenes" from TBC and how much validity there is to them. Major "oh well" on my part, as he was extremely friendly and I'm sure would've been happy to answer at least as far as the deleted undead solider stuff.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 22nd, 2021, 12:37 am

I thought I'd grab some DisneyNature flicks, but they all now say "under maintenance." I'll have to check back tomorrow, I guess.

TBC is a grand surprise! I was just thinking of watching it on D+, but I'll be happy to spin a Blu-ray. And Valiant is even more of a surprise. I enjoyed it, too, and wrote the review for Animated views. Like Ben said, I'd figured everyone had forgotten it by now. Cool to see the DMC exclusives still trickling out.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 22nd, 2021, 4:09 am

The Disneynatures seem to be working again, for me at least.Note that some are DVD combo packs with Blus inside, but they’re all good discs: I think I have every Disneynature title that made it to disc, and picked up maybe a third of them via DMR when they became available there.

Funny about you about to watch TBC, as I was just literally thinking of Valiant the other day, too, since the trailer popped up on an old disc we ran and I thought that I should watch that again sometime. Looks like I’ll wait for the Blu to show up: very excited for both of these releases!

And, hey! You *did* write the AV review! Huh! I thought I covered that, since I was quite a bit of a proponent of the film when it first came out and was sure my Disney disc came from being a screener. Huh. Brain fuzzed! Just had a look and my sentiments exactly! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 22nd, 2021, 12:32 pm

You did a review, too.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 22nd, 2021, 12:44 pm

They donut call me Benny Senile for nothing! ;)

Haha...I was *sure* I had written about that, and found the disc review, started reading, and thought, this isn’t my writing! I saw Rand's name but had only checked in the DVD reviews! Phew...glad I'm not quite ready to be put out to pasture yet!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 22nd, 2021, 8:46 pm

You may want to re-categorize it, as it's still listed under "News." Whew, that was a while ago!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 23rd, 2021, 4:09 am

Oh yeah!

Yes, this was from just before Animated News added the Views, so we didn’t have a reviews section per se. I did a few of these "off the cuff" type reviews that we just added as News stories (or even as Tooning In comments, hence why no scores at the end or other images in the text). I guess this/they could be swapped over, but really they just are what they were at the time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 23rd, 2021, 2:03 pm

Ah, memories. I remember like it was yesterday.