Epic Mickey

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 7th, 2009, 10:26 am

This. Looks. Amazing.

What a direction to head in with the fabulous four characters! It's as if Tim Burton watched Fun And Fancy Free, went home, and had a bad dream!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 7th, 2009, 10:50 am

Ben wrote:It's as if Tim Burton watched Fun And Fancy Free, went home, and had a bad dream!
I think that quote should be used in the game's ads. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » October 12th, 2009, 3:53 pm

THIS is Epic Mickey???? Wow....I am surprised Disney is allowing this to happen.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » October 12th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Steampunk Disney, baby. It's wild. I can't wait.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » October 12th, 2009, 8:44 pm

I was going to wait awhile longer to get a wii, but if this game is as awesome as it looks, I may be tempted to get the system just to play it.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 12th, 2009, 11:44 pm

I almost wish that this were a movie instead of a game. It looks pretty darn cool.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 13th, 2009, 12:35 am

What?

You guys had no faith anything good could be done with Mickey in the modern age?

None of you have seen "Runaway Brain" (1995)?

If you get the right talent and they choose to use Mickey with the right attitude, he can be an engaging character.

The problem is the mentality of Disney executives is stuck in the 1950s with the classic Disney characters instead of looking to the zenith of their theatrical careers in the 1930s (Mickey) and 1940s (Donald, Goofy)!

Likewise, the same is true with the Warner Bros' Looney Tunes characters, too. The last decent theatrical shorts with those characters were made in the early 1990s and have been suppressed or locked away except for the occasional showing during June Bugs (whichever channel they choose to show it on if they even bother with the event anymore).

Get the right people and stay out of their way and good things can still be done with these characters. Get too many managers and micromanaging by marketing then you'll get films like Space Jam, Looney Tunes: Back in Action, or TV shows like Mickey's Clubhouse which reduce the characters to the level of Tele-Tubbies and Barney the Dinosaur.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Tyler_Legrand » October 13th, 2009, 8:35 am

Walt Disney's frozen head on a robot
GeorgeC wrote:What?

You guys had no faith anything good could be done with Mickey in the modern age?
We didn't?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » October 14th, 2009, 1:12 pm

Mickey doesn't have to be evil or go against evil things to have "good things" done with him...! This is just cool!

But I don't see how they would ever, ever let Walt Disney turn evil via robot to challenge his own beloved creation, and allude to the rumors that he did freeze his head to live forever! I guess that's just a sketch for fun? But it doesn't even look like it is Walt, I can see it as him but it looks like it could be some other character. He resembles Hades. Walt never had a point chin like that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 14th, 2009, 1:57 pm

Given the Wii controller and the way Mickey's holding that paintbrush, I'm guessing we're just getting the Disney version of "Okami"....I can live with that. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » October 14th, 2009, 2:27 pm

I really hope Disney doesnt tone this alot, this has a very great concept. And if they did, I would never forgive them. The thing that is ironic about this is that this reminds me of a graphic novel I am working on that has a similar story. Although its focused on Disney's toons getting revenge on the jonas brothers and Cryus.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » October 16th, 2009, 2:17 pm

I just saw that video, it looks more like Hades then Walt's head.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 17th, 2009, 11:53 am

Don't take it seriously. It's just Eric being, um, Eric.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » October 17th, 2009, 1:00 pm

^ Ben, did you mean it's Tyler being Tyler?