Disney Infinity

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Disney Infinity

Post by Dan » May 7th, 2015, 10:08 pm

Game Informer giving folks a look at how Avalanche Software designs the characters to fit in Infinity.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » June 13th, 2015, 4:21 pm

Didn't take too long. The crew of the Ghost will be joining the party.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » June 21st, 2015, 10:21 am

And another character to play as. 8)

The other big news to come out of E3 is the Saga bundle that will be a timed exclusive to PS3 and PS4. What this means is that the Sony systems will have first dibs of having some of the content for at least a month before they become available to the other systems. The Saga bundle will include the Twilight starter pack (with Clone Wars-era Anakin and Ahsoka), the month-early release of the Rise Against the Empire playset (with the twins Luke and Leia), and will exclusively have Boba Fett for a few months. The retail is $115. It won't be a mega pack like 2.0 had with the monster base, but we'll see if a store like GameStop will up the ante later.

It was also announced that there will be a Toy bundle where one can get all the Inside Out characters (the playset contains only Joy and Anger) in one go.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » August 30th, 2015, 1:50 pm

3.0 has now launched. Here's the awesome sizzle reel played at D23 to celebrate.

Note that, in addition to having to wait until the end of September to pick up the Rise of the Empire playset and figures, certain figures will be store-exclusives for about a month as well and it primarily concerns with the Star Wars Rebels crew. Here's the rundown of where to find which character:

Mulan - Best Buy
Ezra Bridger - Toys R' Us
Kanan Jarrus - Walmart
Sabine Wren - Target
Zeb Orrelios - GameStop
Fear - Amazon

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » September 1st, 2015, 1:30 am

My two favorite characters in Star Wars: Rebels are Hera and Chopper.

So -- of course! -- those are the only two main SW:R characters not available as figurines. :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » September 2nd, 2015, 3:15 pm

Hera can be unlocked as a full-size towns person by linking your Disney account to 3.0 in game, along with the Ghost, which can be flown in the Toy Box.

Given that neither R2 or 3PO are figures either, it seems unlikely Chopper will be one anytime soon. As for Hera, I'm hopefully she might jump in during a later wave. Perhaps when The Force Awakens playset launches in December.

Heads up for those who haven't played it yet or are waiting for its general release: The storyline for Rise Against the Empire is pretty much a retelling of the original trilogy to accommodate having Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie available from the start, so you'll have things like Han preventing their capture at the beginning of the story through quick thinking (and shooting). I just got started playing it, so I'm sure there's more intriguing bits to find.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 10th, 2016, 5:43 pm

The series has suddenly been cancelled, and Disney says they will no longer publish video games:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/37373 ... publishing

I never was able to get the game for this, but the Anna and Elsa figures I got were pretty cute.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 10th, 2016, 7:18 pm

I'm not a gamer and never got into Infinity despite being tempted, but...wow...that's a shocker!

Yet another innovation (Second Screen, various other web-based streaming and digital announcements) that Disney bails on without ever reaching its potential...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 10th, 2016, 11:53 pm

I was extremely shocked to hear this near the end of work today. It's the best selling figure-based game on the market and is the one everyone talks about more than any other (even Skylanders).

I've known for a long while that Disney was getting out of console gaming and into mobile gaming (their only involvement in consoles to be through licensing as seen with Star Wars Battlefront through EA and Square handling Kingdom Hearts). But one would figure that they would milk Infinity for as long as possible. But man, to not only shut down further development of the game, but also shutter the development company, that's Ken Levine insanity.